Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HOW IS IT WITH "SETS" and "REPEATS" for cutting down

sasa

I am just curious what is your opinion about REP. I usually do between 8-10 rep...I like lift heavy weights...but if u want more definition, if you want to look tone..is it better to do 15 and more rep???

I am asking because lot of people told have told me recently that I should do more rep for tone look in opposit way I bulk up.

Littel confuse too...I have read many articeles about that and it seems like everyone has different opinion.

I think it is a bit of a myth that higher reps will create more definition.

I did find one study that showed that you could 'spot reduce' by doing high reps, but it was something bonkers like leg extensions for 45-60 min. :rolleyes:

Lower body fat creates more definition.

If you are dieting, you want to hold onto as much muscle as possible, and it seems like one of the best rep ranges to do this in is 5-8, heavy.

This is going to vary a bit depending on your distribution slow and fast twitch fibers.

I am all for mixing up rep ranges, every three weeks I do move into a high volume routine.

I have tried both the lower rep ranges (now I rarely go over 12), and I have done the three or four sets of 20 thing, and I seem to have more muscle on the lower rep ranges.

You may find that you respond differently, the problem is that if you are quite highly trained already, your body will adapt to whatever you throw at it in about 6 sessions, so you have to increase the intensity in some way.

u have to find the rep range that works best for u. i find my strength gains are greatest in the 5-8 range but hypertrophy for me seems to fall in the 12-15 rep range where i get the best pumps. i rarely go be low 12 reps now.

as tat says your muscle definition will come from low bf.

Yup what they said.

It is a myth.

The reason that you see competitors natty and enhanced alike doing lower weights with higher reps (ESPECIALLY with nattys) is that as their caloric intake and bf stores drop their strength naturally DECREASES. It isn't that they are getting ripped because they changed their rep range. It is that their rep range changed because they drop bf (got ripped).

DIET (1st) and cardio (2nd) will change your bf levels.

The only difference where one could add a cardiovascular component is to lift using lots of super-sets, giant sets, drop sets, circuit training but even then only if there is very little rest between sets, as in the time it takes to walk from one piece of equipment to the next.

Top Bottom