Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How can I increase my vertical leap?

The below works. i won't say exactly what my (running) vertical is, but it is 40+. I have always been a one foot jumper, i believe b/c i was a high jumper, but this program helped my two foot jumping a ton. i did this back in the day when i cleared 6'10" in high jump.

Monday:
Jump squats- 3 sets of 4 reps *45lb bar*
Deep squats- 5 sets of 3 reps *maximum effort*
Romanian deadlifts- 3 sets of 8 reps
Step-ups- 3 sets of 5 reps *heavy*
Calf sled- 3 sets of 5 *heavy*
Standing calf raises- 3 sets of 8 *explosive*

Thursday:
Jump squats- 3 sets of 4 reps *45lb bar*
Deep squats- 5 sets of 5 reps *explosive*
Good mornings- 3 sets of 8 reps
Step-ups- 3 sets of 8 reps *explosive*
Standing calf raises- 2 sets of 15 *explosive*
Maximum effort jumps- 3 sets of 3 jumps

Saturday: *maximum effort on each drill*
Ankle hops- 3 sets of 25 hops
40 yard sprints- 3 sets
Step-up/jumps- 3 sets of 3 reps
Medicine ball squat/throws- 3 sets of 5 reps
Depth jumps- 3 sets of 3 reps
Maximum effort jumps- 3 sets of 3 jumps

Start program again on following Tuesday to allow 36 hours for full CNS recovery from plyo exercises. so workouts would be tues, fri, sun. then next week... wed, sat, mon, etc

Off-days:
Static/Dynamic stretches- glutes, hamstrings, quads, lower back, hip flexors, calves

**maximum effort and heavy exercises are used with the most weight you can successfully complete all sets with. Explosive exercises use slightly less weight, so you can do the movements in a more explosive manner.**

Let me throw this in:

Unless you are squatting over 400 then you should just focus on increasing power. Properly utilising every pound of force of your 200 pound squat is as effective as wasting 1/3 of your 300 pound squat.

But a 300 pound squat squat also increasing your agility, sprinting speed, balance, weight etc.

There's plenty of free information out there online about increasing your vertical. You should be targeting weight training, plyometrics, and your diet among other things to get the most results. Try to cover all aspects related to vertical jump training. Even neglecting something like getting enough rest will damper the effects you will receive.

Alternatively, if you find it a worthwhile investment, there are programs available which if purchased guarantee a certain amount of inches' worth of gains or your money back.

Top Bottom