Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help me help out my lil cousin!!

oklahoma86

My cousin is about 16 years old, 5'11, 155lbs. He just wants to get bigger and stronger for football and to not be so skinny, and I wanna help him out. He is willing to eat big, but I dont think he has a really good idea of what he is eating now. Im gonna get him to start keepin track of all that, and help him in the gym, and already have a basic outline for him, but my question is for those of you that are TRULY tough gainers, as I am not. What mass builders do you use, what supps would you reccomend, etc. that are unique to those of you with the metabolism of a blast furnace?! I would just use my frame of refrence, but he doesnt have the budget for diet and supplements that I do, nor do we have the same metabolism. We all know that if you see results in the gym, you will fall in LOVE with working out, and that most people quit because they dont see the results they want.

Basically, any ideas for a reletively low cost diet thats gonna put on a ton of mass, and any supps that have worked for you hard gainers. REMEMBER - HE IS 16, SO NO AAS OR ANYTHING THATS GONNA FUCK WITH HIS NATURAL DEVELOPMENT!!! I dont even tell him that I do gear!

Im fixin to hit the gym for now, and when I get back I will take any ideas that have been given, incorporate them into the plan I have in mind already for him, and present the finished product for your final inspection!! Thanks so much for the help... lets get this kid big and show him how rewarding this passtime, hobby, sport, or proffession (whatever bodybuilding/working out means to you) can be!

Thanks

No supplements needed at his age. A protein shake for after workout, if anything at all.

Just tell him to eat as much meat, fruit, and veggies he can get his hands on while doing a 5x5 routine. Thats honestly all he needs.

No supplements needed at his age. A protein shake for after workout, if anything at all.

Just tell him to eat as much meat, fruit, and veggies he can get his hands on while doing a 5x5 routine. Thats honestly all he needs.

This.

Tell him to cook all his meat in olive oil too. Olive and oil and egg yolkes can be his primary sources of (healthy) fats

I would add in some extra carbs though besides fruit especially if he is going to be playing football aswell as lifting. Oats, brown rice, red skin potatoes, wholemeal pasta are all good as Im sure you already know.

Milk too but dont go overboard unless he is a true hardgainer. If he is going to be drinking a shake pwo I would have him make it with 1% milk instead of water.

That sounds good to me... although the "eat as much as you can" isnt really workin well I dont think, as thats kinda what he's on - I think he needs a little more direction than that.

Have a look at this diet outline, and see what you think. And yeah, 5x5 was what I had in mind for the lifting regimen, so Im glad to see were on the same page.

For Breakfast I was gonna tell him to eat a couple packets of Quaker Hi Fiber Oatmeal, a couple scoops of NitroCore 24 by ON (a blended protein powder, its what I use) with milk, either all as one shake or with the oatmeal seperate from the shake, and also 3 eggs and 1/2 carton of Egg Beaters Whites if he has time to prepare them.

20 gulps of water at the water fountain between each class, or 3 20oz bottles per school day besides lunch

At some point in or over the course of the morning 2 Wheat bread and Peanut Butter foldovers

I dont know what his lunch schedule is like, I figure he's gonna be regulated to a cafeteria or somethin, so Im just gonna say to eat as much meat and any vegetables or whole wheat anything that they offer, an to have 2 or 3 big glasses of water with that. Try to get at least half a pound of chicken, if possible.

At dinner Im suggesting he eat 3/4 lb of lean ground beef every night, either as a burger with mozzerella and whole wheat buns, or in a pasta sauce with a cup of Ragu and a half box of whole wheat or DreamFields pasta (I love that dreamfields pasta... apparently the marketing claim that it is essentially the same as whole wheat is not exactly accurate, but it tastes just like real pasta, and is close enough for me!), or in some combination with a good and fairly large complex carb source like some whole grain rice. I dont know how much he can eat at once, but I'll tell him if its too much for him to just make sure he eats it all within an hour, an not to be a bitch about it!

One other shake, made with 2 scoops of the NitroCore and his choice of milk or water, at any other point in the day he chooses - at school in the afternoon if possible (haha I keep forgetting kids at school cant just leave or carry shit around with them! An Ive only been out about 6 years)

1/2 carton of Egg Beaters Whites before bed. Salad and a couple spoons of peanut butter with that if he is hungry

VPX NO ShotGun pre workout, SyntheSize post workout. 1 scoop each, with at least 20oz water (I know you all said no supps - but this was what I was gonna suggest and still plan to. Unless its really not a good idea... Thats the whole reason I asked! That said, I love the stuff, and when you use both its good for 40 grams of protein... so it sounded like a good idea to me. This was the only thing I planned on suggesting)

NO LESS than 8 hours of sleep per night.

Any notes guys??

Personally I use Bison, about a pound a night. I figure since he is on a budget, and bison costs about twice as much, that the ground beef would be better, especially as he doesnt need the leanness that you pay for with bison enough to justify the extra cost... and the extra fat and calories wont hurt him at 16!

Ground beef will be fine. Is there a reason he cant make and bring his lunch to school instead of relying on whatever is in the cafeteria?

I would also suggest eating more snacks throughout the day. Have him pack up some almonds to munch on every few hours or so. Olive oil is a good idea as mentioned above, and I would actually look into coconut oil as well. If he needs more calories/good fats, he could even just eat a tablespoon of that.

I understand his constraints at school, but it seems like too much of his protein is coming from powders (3 a day is too much IMO...1 post workout is enough). Have him make sandwiches on some good whole grain bread, pile on the roast beef or chunks of turkey, and carry those around. Probably easier than a shaker bottle as well.

Not a bit... I dont know the rules but I would assume you can still take food to school! And I didnt reccomend them because I dont generally use deli meats myself, I had just always been of the opinion they are too salty and watery, but I admit this is an assumption I make based on very little actual knowledge, none really - I just always havent eaten them, so i dont really know about em. Are you suggesting them because they are a better option cost wise, or is this something you would have in any diet where time can be an issue - there are a lot of times a cold sandwich would be nice instead of having to cook a chicken breast or ground chicken or bison patty! I really havent looked into them since I have access to a grill or stove at every meal. I'll pass that on, and what deli meats do you reccomend? I'll check for myself when I go to the store next, but your input would be appreciated as to what you have had success with. Im always lookin to improve my diet as well!

An yeah, I imagine he'll be doin good to get the amount of food I prescribed down every day, but I did tell him to eat nuts, especially low sodium or unsalted almonds, anytime he's hungry or if its been more than a couple hours since he last ate. An I already told him that a shot glass of olive oil in the morning or at night, or both, will add (what is it, like 150 a teaspoon? Im about to try a Keto or carb cycle once I finish PCT, so Ive gotta learn this too before I get that goin!) a ton of easy calories to his daily intake, even though its all fat.

I wouldnt get any packaged deli meats...go to a butcher or a Whole Foods and have them slice up chunks from a whole turkey or piece of roast.

That plus some veggies on some whole grain bread would be superior to a shake, imo.

An yeah, I imagine he'll be doin good to get the amount of food I prescribed down every day, but I did tell him to eat nuts, especially low sodium or unsalted almonds, anytime he's hungry or if its been more than a couple hours since he last ate. An I already told him that a shot glass of olive oil in the morning or at night, or both, will add (what is it, like 150 a teaspoon? Im about to try a Keto or carb cycle once I finish PCT, so Ive gotta learn this too before I get that goin!) a ton of easy calories to his daily intake, even though its all fat.

For you personally, I would recommend trying paleo if youre looking to cut some fat.

Granted Im biased because Im on it almost year round and love it, but just something to look into.

Top Bottom