Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hello

I see your been well looked after in here chic ;) !

Haha yeah I think so. Thanks guys :)
I am really glad I decided to join, I really just needed that motivation and the extra help makes all the difference.

Ohh, thanks jen!
Do you use their brand for the casein as well? I may order some online.

Just wanted to say that I haven't eaten anything sweet (or salty) since joining here and I think I might just be onto something, feeling good! Also been eating oatmeal (irish oats) every morning and have only indulged in one fruit smoothy. Still hunting around for recipes to add to the diet though.

I use ON (optimum nutrition) casein.

Nice work on the no sugar/salt!!! So hard to do at first. Once you do it for awhile it gets easier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using EliteFitness

I use ON (optimum nutrition) casein.

Nice work on the no sugar/salt!!! So hard to do at first. Once you do it for awhile it gets easier

Thank yah!!! I will check it out. Still haven't purchased any protein powders yet (been eating chicken breast and eggs)

So far some of the changed I've made to the diet (and the places where I think I want to add a protein powder) Any suggestions or advice appreciated!! :)

Workout = Morning Run

Breakfast = Steel-Cut Oatmeal (1/4 cup) + So Good Original Omega Dha (1/4 cup) + Barleans Omega Swirl

Snack = So Good Original Omega Dha + Protein Powder (Is this a good place to add it?) + B50-Complex + Biotin + Vitamin C

Lunch = Eggs + Healthy Wrap + Baby Tomatos (Raw)

Snack = Baby Carrots (Raw) + Brocolli (Raw) + Olympic Probiotic Organic Yogurt French Vanilla (1 cup)

Dinner (Before 6pm) = Oven Baked Chicken Breast (Boneless/Skinless + Mrs. Dash Seasoning) + Sweet Potatos (Baked with Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Mrs. Dash Seasoning) + Vegies (Raw)

Workout = 7pm (Weights + Light Cardio + Stretching)

Post Workout =
Protein Powder (Eating peanuts or eggs right now)

What's that omega dha and swirl stuff u have for breakfast and snack?

First glance IMO which isn't an expert opinion at all....move the eggs from lunch to breakfast. Add chicken or fish to every meal that doesn't have it in it. And add a protein shake post morning run. I'm sure some other ppl here can you ur first attempt at a diet a closer look and tweak it more

I agree that you don't have to completely nix fruit. But some do contain a lot of natural sugar and should be limited. Of course your fitness goals would play a major factor as well

I eat Fruit several times a day ,theres a difference in corn Frucose Which is equavalent to table sugar than Fruit sources.
Regular consumption of fruits and vegetables lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases, certain types of cancer, and other chronic diseases. These beneficial effects of fruits and vegetables have been partly attributed to their high content of flavonoids, the intake of which is also inversely associated with the incidence of many chronic diseases.

Flavonoids are compounds that protect plants from pathogens, ultraviolet light, and other stress and are responsible for the deep colors of flowers and fruits. Many flavonoids are polyphenols, and their antioxidant properties are probably related to their polyphenolic chemical structure.

The mechanisms by which flavonoids may lower chronic disease risk, however, remain to be fully elucidated. Most flavonoids have antioxidant properties, and extracts and juices of fruits and vegetables exhibit substantial antioxidant capacity in the test tube. Therefore, it is conceivable that the health benefits of flavonoid-rich foods are related to the antioxidant protection of biological macromolecules, such as lipids, proteins, and DNA. However, this remains controversial. Although some studies have failed to show a short- or long-term antioxidant effect of fruits, vegetables, or flavonoid consumption in humans, other studies have reported positive results, especially an acute increase in the antioxidant capacity of plasma. However, flavonoids cannot explain the observed increases in plasma antioxidant capacity because their concentration in plasma is quite low. Moreover, the metabolism of flavonoids may greatly affect their antioxidant capacity. After consumption, flavonoids are poorly absorbed in humans. After absorption, flavonoids are metabolized into glucuronides, which undergo further chemical modifications, such as methylation or sulfation. Consequently, the concentration of flavonoid metabolites in plasma is very low, yet the reported increase in antioxidant capacity of plasma after flavonoid-rich foods are consumed often greatly exceeds the increase in plasma flavonoids. This paradox intrigued us.

Apples are one of the main sources of flavonoids in the Western diets, providing approximately 22% of the total phenols consumed per capita in the United States. Other dietary sources of flavonoids are tea, wine, onions, fruit, and chocolate. An increased intake of apples has been correlated with a decreased risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and incidence of thrombotic stroke. Because we suspected that flavonoids may be responsible for the health benefits of apples, exerting their effects by antioxidant mechanisms,, such as lipids or proteins.

What's that omega dha and swirl stuff u have for breakfast and snack?

First glance IMO which isn't an expert opinion at all....move the eggs from lunch to breakfast. Add chicken or fish to every meal that doesn't have it in it. And add a protein shake post morning run. I'm sure some other ppl here can you ur first attempt at a diet a closer look and tweak it more
The omega DHA is the type of soy milk that I drink, I just added that because there are so many varieties of it now and they all have different stats for calories and protein. The swirl stuff is a fish oil supplement.. but I need a better one soon, just finishing up this bottle for now. It's yummy though, tastes like lemons. I started taking it when I was having troubles with my skin. Also, I hear you about the eggs. I just don't know where to put the oatmeal... because it feels good in the morning but I can't manage to eat anymore than the oatmeal because it's so filling. Also I like to run right when I wake up, on an empty stomach, not sure if this is the best but I should try to eat some eggs or add a protein shake right after that maybe... Yeah this definitely is harder than I thought it would be to figure it out perfectly and balanced.

Hi Radar! Thanks for the welcome! :)

So do you think it would best if I were to add fruit back to my diet? I kinda miss em. Although I do eat onions most dinners and tea throughout the day. Is that enough? I can't honestly say that I can follow your post 100% because I haven't read a lot about this kind of stuff yet. I don't want to cheat myself out of good health just to reach a goal weight. At the same time I am pretty excited to see results!

Top Bottom