Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hello

gogocherryrose

Is this forum section very active? I just wanted to introduce myself and find out.

I'm really interested in getting into shape in a healthy way. I know how to work hard I just don't have all of the knowledge that I need (diet-wise) and knowledge is key.

I exercise everyday, but my diet is getting worse and worse everyday it feels like I'm getting out of control.. Anyways I'm not going to go heavy into details right now unless someone is interested, I just wanted to say hello and see who is out there lol. Back to lurking.

Welcome to the women's forum. We stay pretty busy in here. A lot great info and advice. The more info you can provide the more detailed the advice. Good luck with your goals!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using EliteFitness

Welcome to the women's forum. We have a great group of women here and are always excited to have more. No question is dumb and we are all here to cheer each other on. :)

Hey Welcome aboard please stay I think you will like it here. The place is always alive as we're all from different timelines so there's always peeps posting.
Ok let's start here if you post up all your stats goals and diet a typical day that sounds like a lot but with that we can all chip in and help you get started. I believe starting a thread on your progress is perfect way of keeping you on track we all do this and more to the point we all love following other peeps progress , we are always happy to help and not judge.

I hope to hear from you soon

Best regards

Donna

Thanks so much for all of the welcomes! I've been lurking around reading the forums for awhile now and I have a lot of respect for you guys. I'll start writing down my diet and exercise details as soon as I get back from work, although my diet is really inconsistent, I'll try to give you an honest look into my daily routine.

Good for you chic. We're not here to criticise we're here to help so best to be honest. And hey just so you know non of us are perfect lol ;)

Thanks so much for all of the welcomes! I've been lurking around reading the forums for awhile now and I have a lot of respect for you guys. I'll start writing down my diet and exercise details as soon as I get back from work, although my diet is really inconsistent, I'll try to give you an honest look into my daily routine.

Welcome gogocherryrose! That sounds like a fantastic start! Good luck to you :)

On a work day:

1. Smoothy; almond milk, pineapple, frozen strawberries, vanilla yogurt, banana, and i add benefiber and omega fish oil supplement that tastes like lemon zest (or) i'm in a hurry and i grab a coffee and a banana

2. Cashews, peanuts or almonds for a snack.

3. Veg-drink (one of those green+ things that you just add water to) raw cucumber, tomato and brocolli salad. (I think I probably need more protein here)

4. I get pretty hungry right here. It's around the end of work. This is where trouble starts. On my way home from work I might grab some starbucks or a chocolate bar. This is where I feel I am really slipping lately... If I indulge here I may not eat anything for the rest of the night because of guilt or because all I want is more sweets.

5. A stir fry with lots of veg's with tofu. Or couscous salad with chickpeas and tofu. Sometimes tofu and yam and a spinach salad. Etc etc. I change up dinner a lot. And usually cook two separate dinners a night (one for me, one for my boyfriend)

6. Raw veg's make me feel pretty full... but I get a nasty sweet tooth again around the end of the night and I'll be grateful if I can get through it without eating some chocolate or frozen yogurt or something.

A non-work day:

still pretty busy on these days but I have more time for breakfast and lunch.

1. Scrambled eggs with some cheese + tomatoes and onion with almond milk or tea. (thinking of changing breakfast to oats, i just bought some steel-cut oats and bran but haven't even tried it yet) <-- do you think that would be best in the morning?

2. Snacks: raw veg's and nuts. or sesame snacks. or coffee.

3. Will usually make the same smoothy I have most mornings for lunch.

4. I make dinner earlier these days. It's always different but I try to keep it pretty balanced in terms of protein/veg/carbs.

I don't think I'm eating enough but the problem seems to be the sugars.. when I cave and grab something that I know isn't good for me I will sacrifice the good stuff, emotional eater I guess you could say. Hmm I don't know what I need to add. I know it's silly but I really don't know anymore.

If you managed to read through that mess lol thank you and my apologies.

Okay, for exercise... I have a treadmill in my bedroom that I use (just about) every day (right now I'm doing 45 mins) some light weights and squats right after running. I walk everywhere since I don't drive yet. I just bought the treadmill a couple weeks ago, before I moved I had a membership at a really awesome 24/7 gym but there is nothing like that in this new city. Hot yoga is usually part of my routine but there isn't a hot yoga place here -- I just moved a month in a half ago.

Right now I'm at 143lbs. I'm 5'6. 24 years old (in 11 days) and I have no idea what my bf% is yet.

I really want to get down to 125lbs. But I want to do it right, and I want to feel good about my diet. I'm still trying to get more veg's/protein and water in every day. I guess I need something more concrete though. Something more routine that I can rely on. And if it's a routine diet it has got to be pretty good you know what I mean?

Im not an expert in the diet field at all but from my own experience...your diet needs help!!! You need a lot more protein and whole grain carbs in the morning and lose the smoothie. And make sure you eat every 2.5-3 hours. You must make time to eat. You wont get the cravings when you leave work if you eat frequently.....I'm have a massive sweettooth so I can relate! Best thing I've found that curbs that craving is making pudding out of chocolate casein powder and eat before bed. You'd be amazed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom