Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hello

Hi! Welcome!

I'm no diet guru either, but looking at what you're eating, no wonder you're slipping around the end of work! You're probably starving by then!!! :) I agree with jen. Seems like you actually might need to increase your work day calories, particularly early in the day. You're probably burning right through those few things you're eating and then your body goes into starvation mode and eats itself (uses muscle for energy and hangs onto the fat).

You'll probably get better answers from some of the others here. Everything I learned about eating clean came from this board. There are tons of awesome women here!!! ;)

I agree, you need to eat more quality food earlier in the day. Avoid eating a lot later in the day. (night)

To quench the sweet tooth I keep dark chocolate hershey's kisses in the freezer. As long as I limit myself to one or two at night it solves the sweet cravings and isn't too bad on the calories. (About 25 calories per kiss). DON'T EAT THE WHOLE BAG--Advice from personal experience during a weak moment.

RD

Yeah I'm with the girls here. A good start would be to find your maintenance calories there's a cal calculator on this article you could use http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lebrun8.htm#.T1UqrBQZ_7Y.twitter

Then once you have you maintenance level start the day with oats and say egg whites then add complex carbs to your meals sweet pot is my personal Fave , eat every three hours and plenty water.
Do you use fit day ? If not that would be good to start then with weighing all your meals you should get you maintenance cals bang on target.
Good luck !

Welcome. I am right there with you with the sugar addiction. It drives me crazy. I am slowly working my way to cutting most of it out (other than my PWO shake).
I agree you need more protein.
5'6" 143 is a great place to start! Just adjusting you meal plan alone will make a huge difference. Add to that working out with a specific goal and you will be killing it.

Im not an expert in the diet field at all but from my own experience...your diet needs help!!! You need a lot more protein and whole grain carbs in the morning and lose the smoothie. And make sure you eat every 2.5-3 hours. You must make time to eat. You wont get the cravings when you leave work if you eat frequently.....I'm have a massive sweettooth so I can relate! Best thing I've found that curbs that craving is making pudding out of chocolate casein powder and eat before bed. You'd be amazed!
Hi Jen! Thanks so much for the advice and for reading through my post. I would really really hate to lose the smoothy just because it tastes soo good but I agree with you that's it probably not doing much for me with the exception of getting some fruit into my diet... I'm unsure what to add for whole grain carbs but I'm going to get on this and do some research.

I'm definitely a pudding lover but I'm not sure what casein powder is. So I'll look it up and hopefully try it, thanks!

Hi! Welcome!

I'm no diet guru either, but looking at what you're eating, no wonder you're slipping around the end of work! You're probably starving by then!!! :) I agree with jen. Seems like you actually might need to increase your work day calories, particularly early in the day. You're probably burning right through those few things you're eating and then your body goes into starvation mode and eats itself (uses muscle for energy and hangs onto the fat).

You'll probably get better answers from some of the others here. Everything I learned about eating clean came from this board. There are tons of awesome women here!!!
Hey! Thank you for the welcome and for reading through my post! I really do feel like I'm starving most of the time. I have such a sensitive stomach and a lot of things make me feel sick (I think I may be gluten sensitive and I have a hard time with lactose) so I have gotten into a habit of just avoiding foods that have had a bad impact on me in the past. I feel really limited. And I don't know that much about diets and food. So I think the first thing I will do like you suggested is eat more in the morning (what do you think about steel-cut oats and egg whites with some almond milk or yogurt, possibly some blueberries or something too? would that be balanced? maybe I need to increase it even more..hmm) Eek the thought of losing muscle is frightening. It's so much work and energy and time wasted to exercise if my diet can't maintain.

Hi Jen! Thanks so much for the advice and for reading through my post. I would really really hate to lose the smoothy just because it tastes soo good but I agree with you that's it probably not doing much for me with the exception of getting some fruit into my diet... I'm unsure what to add for whole grain carbs but I'm going to get on this and do some research.

I'm definitely a pudding lover but I'm not sure what casein powder is. So I'll look it up and hopefully try it, thanks!

Youre quite welcome! This is what I was last told when I was craving chocolate..."anything that tastes that good isnt go for you, dont eat it" ;) Fruit has sugar. Sugar is bad. Whole grains...sweet potatoes, oatmeal(plain) and brown rice. theres a few more good ones but, Im preety sure the concensus is to choose from those three. Casein is a slow acting protein powder that i great to have before bed so you can still be ingesting protein while your body is recouping. One scoop of powder and the same amount of water, mix and leave in the fridge til the next night. Makes me happy!

I agree, you need to eat more quality food earlier in the day. Avoid eating a lot later in the day. (night)

To quench the sweet tooth I keep dark chocolate hershey's kisses in the freezer. As long as I limit myself to one or two at night it solves the sweet cravings and isn't too bad on the calories. (About 25 calories per kiss). DON'T EAT THE WHOLE BAG--Advice from personal experience during a weak moment.
LOL! I can't say I haven't done the same thing in the past... and those hershey's kisses are delicious.. possibly tooooo delicious. But 50 calories is nothing right? I'm going to try it. I think (hopefully) I have more control than I use to when it comes to that sort of thing. Thanks for the advice and for reading through my post! :)

Youre quite welcome! This is what I was last told when I was craving chocolate..."anything that tastes that good isnt go for you, dont eat it" Fruit has sugar. Sugar is bad. Whole grains...sweet potatoes, oatmeal(plain) and brown rice. theres a few more good ones but, Im preety sure the concensus is to choose from those three. Casein is a slow acting protein powder that i great to have before bed so you can still be ingesting protein while your body is recouping. One scoop of powder and the same amount of water, mix and leave in the fridge til the next night. Makes me happy!
Haha! I think I've heard that before but I was probably in the middle of eating something tasty and didn't give it much attention. I should post it up somewhere in my kitchen or something. Keep my mind out of the food gutters. Well that doesn't sound so bad.. I'm a huge fan of sweet potatoes, and oatmeal would be easy to incorporate in the mornings. Brown rice I'm not sure about. I know that white rice makes me sick to my stomach but I'll have to try brown again and see.

Wow! This casein stuff sounds really great! If it works for you I'm wquite happy to try it! You look really awesome in your profile pic by the way! That is totally the figure that I strive to have. :)

Yeah I'm with the girls here. A good start would be to find your maintenance calories there's a cal calculator on this article you could use

Then once you have you maintenance level start the day with oats and say e gg whites then add complex carbs to your meals sweet pot is my personal Fave , eat every three hours and plenty water.
Do you use fit day ? If not that would be good to start then with weighing all your meals you should get you maintenance cals bang on target.
Good luck !

Hey! Thanks for the advice and reading through my post! Sometimes I end up going 4 hours without eating (just because of working) or I can manage to eat some nuts during that time. Do you think that would be causing a lot of damage? I'm going to pick up some more sweet potatoes, it's actually one of my favorite things to eat! And oatmeal and egg whites in the morning I can definitely do that. (I've never tried eggs without the yolk -- does it really make a big difference if I were to keep them?) Thank you for the link and I have yet to sign up on Fitday but I'm going to give it a try. :)

Top Bottom