Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hard Gainer's eating problems

Corsaire

Please, advise... as a hard gainer that I am, I've been trying to increase my meals, quality wise, of course, but with emphasis on protein to gain mass, plenty of rest in between as advised previously. Added to this I'm taking
Methoxy-Pro by Cytodyme Technologies and also tried Myoplex by EAS (which is a pain in the ass given that doesn't disolve like the other stuff). Considering that I have to take 1 gram of protein per weight/lb, my current weight is 172 lbs. so that adds up to 8 or 9 scoops of those supplements per day, plus the meals of course.
My problems is I DON'T get that hungry to eat like a mother f...r , like I should. Besides, those supplements rather fill me leaving me even NOT that starving to wolf the rest of my diet the way I should. I drink my supplements, either with whole milk, with a banana added to it or sometimes I use Soy milk, also it leaves me with an after taste that is kind of nauseating....which doesn't help my appetite on top of that. I'm very gassy too...I guess because of all the protein and shakes taken.
Is this normal ????? Any experience with this scenario??? What should I do???? Please help or advise accordingly, Thanks a lot fellas,
The Corsaire boarding party....away!!!:confused:

What I do when I am increasing my food intake is to take some digestive enzymes or Metamucil, that type of thing. It may not help you feel like you want to "wolf" down your food, but it will help with digestion. Also, if you are serious about adding more size you have to want to increase your food intake. You basically have to force yourself to eat whether you are hungry or not. Without the extra calories and protein you are not going to gain any more size.
If you don't feel hungry enough to actually eat most of your meals then work on mixing more up and drinking them. You can always add more substance to your protein drinks by adding eggs(cooked), cereal, and peanut butter for extra protein and calories. It is always easier to drink a meal than it is to eat it. Hope this helps. These are the basic things I use when adding size.

I'm willig to bet that you ain't a 'hardgainer' and it's just your training - especially if you 'eat like a motherfucker'.

Post your routine with number of sets performed.

8-9 scoops a day wtf. You will have better gains from real food

Supplements are there only if your short of time.

You may not be hungry at the mo, but you will get used to eating 6+ meals a day, give it time. Bodybuilding takes time, dedication and willpower

Are you able to prepare your meals in advance?

Eating problems...

Well, yeah...I tried to prepare meals in advance, most of the time I just don't, so I just take tuna packs, sardines in water cans, black beans and rice, roasted chicken, pork chops, etc, etc. Some cereal in the morning, or a boiled egg, etc, I include salads or V8, low emphasis in carbs though. Plus I take my protein shakes (9 scoops) to work. It hasn't been until recently that I changed my diet to high protein, a bit over a month now.
You see my background is always been running, and endurance type of sports. I ran New York marathon in '95, hiked the Inca Trail (above 16,000 ft) in South America, hiked and backpacked uphere in the NE. But I just got sick and tired of being slim, so now I got into building mass which is a total different game, so I have, regrettably, cut down on the "cardios". Even though, I started going to the gym in January, it wasn't until the end of May that I started with free-weights and changed my diet radically and accordingly. Learning also, after doing 45' to an hour on the stair climber, 40' to an hour runs and some nautilius machine wasn't gonna build me mass I wanted. So here I am, trying to bulk up...but my hunger is NOT enough, I guess it'll take sometime before my system adapts.
Any comments or sharing expeiences on what you guy eat, or prepare meals???
Corsaire Boarding party....away!
:rolleyes:

I suffered from this problem for a long, long time. I got over it by initially training early in the morning to stimulate my metabolism and appetite for the rest of the day. I eat small meals every 2-3 hours and I finish off meals that should ideally be bigger with say half an eas myoplex shake. This got me used to taking in lots of food. It's certainly done the trick.

What Jon G said is pretty good advice... I found that to kickstart my metabolism I needed to do A LOT of work.

hardgainer (hard and gaining)

Top Bottom