Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gyms are starting to suck

MTrapper

I am new to these boards. Have been a member for about a month but lurking in the background aquiring as much knowledge as possible. So far I have to say there are a lot of smart people here that know there stuff. I'm fairly new to bodybuilding been doing it on and off for about 3 years. Finally made a commitment to being serious about it. Was training at home most of the time before I decided to join a gym. A lot of what I have read here about the gyms being full of bs it true. The gym I go to seems to be a place where people try and use it as a dating service. Or people using crappy form and comparing how much weight they can lift to other people. I am by no means huge and the f**king meat heads are always smirking by how much I lift. I'm a beginner for gods sake. Everybody had to start somewhere. But I respect those meat heads because they are only a handful of the people that go there to actually train. I just get sick of all the s**t. Kinda wish I could set up a full gym at home. But being an apartment dweller I don't have that luxury. Whatever happened to the days where you just go in do your thing nobody says anything to anybody and just minds there own business and leave? Oh well. F**k em. I go there work my ass off and leave. Anybody else out there have to put up with this and what do you do to avoid it? Besides not going to the gym.

You sound really uptight dude, chill out. Quit crying and go to the gym and work out or dont go at all. Sit in your apartment and be a hermit.

I know what you mean bro.....that shit gets on my nerves too.......I'll I do if people start staring at me is just stare right back.....if they say something I just tell them to fuck off....other than that......I just mind my own damn business and don't bother anybody. If someone comes and tries to talk to me, and I'm about to do a set I just tell them to hold on for a min. while I do my work. then they can talk all they want. They usually just get tired of waiting so they just turn around and walk the other way.

Man don't worry about what others think about how much you lift. The other people there that are serious about working out will understand that you are just starting out, and if you ask them they will probably help you with your workout.
Get yourself a notebook to keep track of your workouts, and try to plan out your workout before going to the gym. That will help you stay focussed on your workout.
Knowing what you have to do for that day.
If it is all the talking going on around you that is the problem, then do like I did, go get you a little portable cd player with earplugs and wear it while you workout. It helps tune the distractions out, and lets you cocentrate.

I am in the same boat as MTrapper. I have been going to the gym for quite some time, and a couple of months ago I got serious about it. I know the exercises, but I just can't seem to put on bulk. I am not eating as much as I should. but I totally hear you MTrapper. while I am at it, what are drop sets, supersets, etc.?

Thanks for the replies guys. Its nice to know I'm not the only one that deals with this. I'm just going to follow what yall reccomended and just tune out. It sucks having to pay a membership fee dealing with this. But hey just gotta keep training hard.

i damn sure wouldn't pay my memebership to worry about what people think.maybe others are lookin at the one's that are lookin' at you!!!

i hate assholes that take up a machine, taking there sweet ass time between sets while talking to whoever. i go for one reason and one reason only, to workout. if you want to go and socialize then get the fuck out of my gym. another thing that pisses be of are skinny little pricks that think there jacked. they load too much weight on then struggle and cheat just to say they did it. last, people that have shitty form and do exercises wrong. learn how to do it the proper way before attempting.

devil

Most "gyms" have become social clubs with very little training and lots of standing around yacking. It annoys me to be unable to use a maching while a wanna be uses it for an arm rest. My .02:rolleyes:

Write up a routine so you know what you are going to do while you are in the gym (this will give you less time to think about what to do next and get distracted), bring a cd player or mp3 player to tune out everyone else, and finally, don't worry if you are just a beginner. If you stick with the program and eat enough you'll grow, have patience.

Top Bottom