Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gyms are starting to suck

I got totally fed up with LA Fitness after about the third time of something like this; two housewife types standing directly behind me when I am trying to concentrate on heavy calf raises. They are talking so loudly and laughing about whatever, that I can't even maintain concentration. One time, similar types trying to figure out the tricep extension machine, and one says to me: "You look like you would know, how do I get this part of my arm to tone up?" (pointing to her, yup, triceps) :confused: I paused, looked at her matter of fact and responded; The vacuum cleaner

here is my take there are three kinds of gyms. the first is a gym. Hard nosed get down to it screaming and yelling with plates banging type place were there are very few women and the ones that are there know their shit. No offense to the women. There is a fitness center. I unfortunately have to work at one of these. This is the place were you will find some large mofos. Some really out of shape people and a good deal of women of all varieties(some that are hard core some not) some just trying to get dates some not. The age range here is anywere from 18 to 60 then there are spas these are just places were some go to stay in shape an dont really want to train because of their fear of getting too big. lol

well bro it seems to me you are at a fitness center. There you have the worst of both worlds cause trust me if you would go to a serious gym most of the long timers would still be staring at you but there would be a few who would maybe try to help you but it is hard for newbies at a serious gym becuase of the intimidation factor.

My suggestion just go with the flo buy a good set of headphones and concentrate on what you are doing. Try to be as polite as possible without being too social and you will actually learn from watching when you dont have to hear all the bs.

I have notice that alot of people stare when you don't lift alot of weight. I can hardly lift any weight, but I have huge legs and everyone thinks I can run the 100 meters in a second and squat over 1,000 pounds. The truth of it is I strain at 200 pounds and can't out run a turtle. I learned that people are gonna stare, and say nasty things. But you know what? My legs are still bigger than theirs! :D

Just don't worry about it - there are assholes in this world. Deal with it

Thanks for all of the advice guys. Its nice to know I'm not alone. I will be honest. I to check out the babes or maybe watch the big fellas while I am resting between sets. But I don't ogle. I figure it will make other people nervous and so out of respect I'm not going to just stare. Yea it really pisses me off when people stare. Its like get a fucking life. What are you looking at? I do talk to a few people in the gym before I work out and then hit the weights. I don't go there to socialize and pick up dates. I just can't believe that some people actually pay a membership fee in hopes to score or whatever. I do notice people the "idiots" of the gym that are always great entertainment. But I don't dedicate my time to being fixated on them. Oh but yea, its so true so many time wasters in the gym hogging equipment or what not. I guess some people don't work for a living. Oh well like everybody in this forum said we are only there for one reason, to get BIG! Keep pumpin everyone.

Not to beat a dead horse but here is a list of my gripes:

1.)Scantily Clad Women--they'll come sit next to me in some flimsy outfit doing the exercises totally wrong, but in a manner that shows off their body the best to turn heads...they walk around in almost nothing wanting to be looked at, and pretend to get all offended when they catch someone eyeing them. They hafta show up in the latest Express or DKNY workout gear...and distract distract tease tease...

2.)The Water--at a gym you'd think the bubbler/fountain/whatever u call it would be somewhat decent since a workout without water is pointless...but my gym's water must flow through rusty sewage pipes before it surfarces. I bring my own bottle of spring water, but once in a while i'll run out before i leave and be forced to put my mouth to that garbage.

3.)Dating Service--the fella who started this thread said it best. So many people choose which exercise to do based on where other people are standing. I've seen many start new bodyparts (going against initial plan) just to be with whoever it is.

4.)The Locker Room--everytime i arrive and depart, i go to my locker and there is a handful of 90 year old men standing around nude...i keep my eyes on the ground, but its awkward as hell doing a combination next to a nude old guy who is in no rush to throw on his undies.

5.)The Music--My gym @college has no tunes...just weights clanging and voices chattering. My home gym has soft rock...since its more of a 'health club' i guess they dont want to offend anybody with words that were swears in the 1920s that sometimes appear in hip hop and alternative music.

6.)Next In Line Kids--@school, plenty of times kids will come up and ask me how many sets i have left. Odds are its 1 or 2, and the fuckin kid will stand breathing down my neck trying to use 'willpower' to get me to finish quicker.

7.)The "how much u do" factor--I just learned this recently so i wont act like a lifelong believer...it aint that big a deal how much weight you do compared to jimmy and bobby. I'd rather be a jacked mofo that can only bench 175 than some portly fella who benches 405. Once u leave the gym, looks is all anyone goes off of.

8.)Insiders--Just because u know the biggest kid in the gym or the trainers or johnny popularity, it doesnt make you God....because the minute that guy leaves your side youre just a joe and i'd rather see a joe without an ego trip.

Dont get me wrong, i love gym life....these are a few aspects that bother me. I never bitch about them but since people seemed to be getting shit off their chest so i'd thought i'd jump on the wagon. Get at me if you feel the same way i do on some of these, i'd be interested to know.

I seen a couple of older guys on two different occasions (early 40's) beaten off at Pres. and 1st Hoe way back in the day. I just remembered that I guess I had tried to bury the thought. Who wouldn't? I guess I was pretty grossed out, now I think its halarious.

That place was bad like I said earlier it was like a brothel. I guess that's why you have the "social" types. On both sides they know full well. You have the chics in thongs that only do stiff legged dead lifts with a 5lbs bar all day. She's knows some sucker will approch her. And like clock work every time.

Ya know what else you gotta wonder about the older guys that are in no hurry to get dressed. You know that guy just loungen in the locker room?

Top Bottom