Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gyms are starting to suck

My feelings:

I'm not looking around at ANYONE except when I'm doing cardio, and then it's usually looking over the sweet ladies.
Sometimes I'll watch someone that looks like they know something to see a new lift.

If someone is sitting on a machine and not breathin heavy like they just finished a set, politely say:
"Are you done with this machine"? OR "May I work In between your sets"?

Is it worth gettin pissed off and ruining you time in the Gym because some skinny NumNuts thinks he's all that?

Or if some other dushe that just wants to prove something?

I enjoy the times during cardi watching the action, both Hot and Snot...:fro:

I've been going to gyms for about eight years now. And the fact is that posers, meat heads, fashion boys/girls, etc. . . have been standard equipment at most gyms for a long time now, and probably always will be. No less than bench presses or stationary bikes.

The good thing is that once you get going on your schedule, you get used to it. They become a little less visible each time.

Hi there guys, I use to have a problem with that but now I have been going to the same gym for over a year now and everyone that has been committed to staying in shape are pretty much use to me, it is the new guy's and gal's that come and see how much I lift and they are just amazed. I still get the whispers and some guy's somtimes stare like WTF but you know what ? :finger:

Ya, there are definately guys and girls in there training to be a backstreet boy or the next member of destiny's child, but you've gotta just tune 'em out. If your looking to get away from the pressure, go to a college gym. I've done this a few times just to check it out and i'll tell you, they are the best. Most are athletes trying to get ahead or people who work really quick cuz they have to get home and study or party. Also, the prices are extremely reasonable, $25/month... that's canadian funds. Plus, you get pool and court facilities too. If there's such a facility near you, try it, it's great.

I've seen that stuff for years. People sitting around talking, and junk. It is annoying, but tune them out and you'll be fine. I just go in, do my thing, and get out. These people that have 5 minutes between sets are a joke. If they're on the machine socializing and I need it, I'll ask how many sets they have left. They usually get the message. Also, you might try going at different times of the day to find out when your gym is less crowded. I have also been to some 24/7 gyms which usually don't have the "health club" / "dating game" crowd. Train like you're pissed off and people will avoid you. I hardly ever make eye contact either. I guess I'm somewhat of a weirdo for that, but I go to the gym to work, not sit on my ass and talk.

I feel your pain man, looking foward to getting back to college, they just built a new gym there, free for students, and most everyone is there to do something besides pick up dates or socialize. Alot easier to do that on campus when your not sweaty.

Try this, next time one of the guys is staring at you, wink at him and lick your lips He'll either beat you and never look yoru way again or simply leave you alone :fro:

One of my favorites are the people who come in and do 50 reps on leg extensions, but take about a 10 second break between reps, and are using about 3 pounds grrrr

One nice thing about the gym here, is the idiot crowd is generally on machines, and I prefer the free weights for good core lifts.

That's commercial gyms for ya. Especialy Presidents and first hoe's. God that place was more like a brothel.

CD player is a must, now I mainly listen to mellow music, but when I work out I need something EVIL!!! So while I'm doing my warm up on the bike, I'm checking out the stations I want to workout at and who I'm going to have to kick off.

My goal is to get in and out in just over an hour. I've forgotten how much going to the gym can be time consuming for you civilians. If traffic sux it could take 30mins. each way. :mad:

In the gym I like some:

NIN, Ministry, Pantera, Marylin Manson, Meatallica (And Justice for all and before, every thing after that sux)
10,000 Homo Dj's, Gravity Kills, Fear Factory

Stuff like this, any suggestions Peeps champ?

BTW when I say "evil" I'm referring to the hard hitting style.

Top Bottom