Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grocery Shopping Confessions

highoctane

The background to this post is that I have never lived on my own before the last month or so. And to go even further back, I shattered my forearm this summer and went through a brutal 16 week recovery which was a huge pain in my ass and cut me off from training for quite a while. So more recently, I'd say about 2 weeks ago I started training again pretty seriously (in all aspects from work outs to food, in general getting back into the healthy lifestyle, etc.). The interesting part, and I think it's kinda funny, is that when you haven't grocery shopped before, it's kinda a new process.

Here is my confession. All the people who always told me "stick to the outside of the grocery store" were COMPLETELY right. I have done extremely well both choice wise and money wise by sticking to that simple rule. Another thing that a coworker at the gym I work at said to me also stuck; "If you don't have it in your house, you won't eat it". So true.

These are for sure things that every single person on this board already knows, but I felt that I had to share my grocery shopping learnings simply because it's so much easier then I thought it'd be.

Also, on a side note, whoever posted that list of "clean foods" I could just kiss. So thank you!

Good ideas!! When I first did my own shopping I was like a kid in a candy store....literally....

Hey girl! Welcome back!

My first time shopping for food -- I had to be very selective because I was living on a grad student stipend and I rode a bike -- I could only buy what I coudl carry in my back pack.

Sassy69 said:
Hey girl! Welcome back!

My first time shopping for food -- I had to be very selective because I was living on a grad student stipend and I rode a bike -- I could only buy what I coudl carry in my back pack.
:lmao: I think that's hysterical because that's now I shop NOW when I'm on a budget! I take a hand-held basket instead of a cart and when I just can't carry another possible thing around the store... I'm done spending! :)

T-Cake said:
:lmao: I think that's hysterical because that's now I shop NOW when I'm on a budget! I take a hand-held basket instead of a cart and when I just can't carry another possible thing around the store... I'm done spending! :)

OK - here I have this thing about using a cart - i.e. that's for pussies. I always get a basket, but its embarrassing how much I shove in there. And then when they bag it, they offer to carry it out for me or put it in a cartt - to which I respond that if I could drag tha whole basket of stuff around the store, I could certainly carry it out to the car. Because I'll also have to be able to carry it all into my house.

This is a serious hang up I have....

So it means I'm really good at packing stuff into that basket.

Sassy69 said:
OK - here I have this thing about using a cart - i.e. that's for pussies. I always get a basket, but its embarrassing how much I shove in there. And then when they bag it, they offer to carry it out for me or put it in a cartt - to which I respond that if I could drag tha whole basket of stuff around the store, I could certainly carry it out to the car. Because I'll also have to be able to carry it all into my house.

This is a serious hang up I have....

So it means I'm really good at packing stuff into that basket.

LOL I've done that too - pack so much stuff into the basket that the arms bow due to the weight.....

Sometimes I think the bag boys are laying bets as I walk out the door w/ my bags as to when & how many of the bags will break on the way out...

Top Bottom