Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good mornings vs. SL deadlifts

Agreed, the way I was taught to do them was to sit the bar really low on your back, ie, bottom of traps, to lower your center of gravity, since I squat or deadlift first I'm already sweatin like a fat chick so I tend to have trouble with the bar sliding further down my back, which puts my shoulders in a bad position and basically hurts like hell

BOS, you're basing that on how many years of training?

theres is no replacement for good-mornings I think you need them in your routine. How many times do you see people losing a squat to the front, this should never happen you should never fall forward and miss a squat cause your hams and erectors are in poor shape. I also don't think doing deads is good for anything, you can skyrocket your deadlift without ever gettin on the platform, many of the best dead lifters rely totally on good-mornings and rack pulls for there deadlift.

Heather Darling said:
Good mornigs are for low back and stiff-legged deadlifts are for hams/glutes.

LOL

the movement is the same, only difference is the distance of the weight from the fulcrum.

good mornings place an exponential amount of stress on the spine. the further the weight goes from the pivot angle the more stress it places on the moment arm. safer bet is to stick to sldl's unless you are rock solid in your form and have managed to put your ego up when doing good mornings. thats the key to longevity with this exercise.

I believe that goodmornings when done properly are a better exercise for increasing your Squat/Deadlifts. Changing the foot spacing can also target a different area of your glut hams from a wide stance, to shoulder width, to feet almost together. FORM IS KEY to staying injury free in this one. I do very few sldl but heavy GM's and my deadlift is still goin up

LOL...one time i was forced to do a good morning when i bent a little too forward doing a 350pd squat...i think i was on my like 14th rep and so i just got it back up and finished my set of 20...

Scary stuff...it seems funny now but i was lucky i never got hurt...

Finished the set though...:D

for MASS nothing beats SLDL..if you are working the lumbar region and want to slightly hit the glutes, and hammys then good mornings are a better exercise for that purpose.

Top Bottom