Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Female Hormone Question

ShadowKnight

I gotta quick question for you women . . .

My g/f had a "D & C" about two months ago. It wasn't for an abortion, it was for a side effect from DepoVera.
Anyways, I knew this what jolt her hormones - even her doctor said she couldn't have sex for the next two months. But the deal is that its been 3 months since the procedure. She still doesn't want to touch me, sex is out of the question, and she is about as affectionate as a cold fish.
But, I am faithful and loyal and I am trying to wait through all this mess . . .

My question is:
If any of you have had this procedure, how long did it take you to get your hormones back to normal?? And, did you put off showing affection to your b/f for very long? Any info or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks ya'll!!

SK

spatterson said:
Dilatation and curettage: They dilate the cervix and scrape the uterus. Same procedure as used for 1st term abortions, and other medical procedures.

I can't answer your question about hormone levels, but I can tell you that emotions and hormones may not necessarily repair at the same rate. Have you both been to her doctor to talk about it together? After having a baby, even when your hormones are back to "normal" and you have clearance form the doc, you may not feel like you're emotionally ready for it yet AND IT CAN EFFECT YOU PHYSICALLY TO BE EMOTIONALLY HURT. Same thing could happen in this case, I would guess...

No we haven't. She pretty much wants me out of the picture on this whole issue - she just wants me to be patient and supportive, which I am doing.

Any advice to a guy helping a girl along with this journey that he might be unaware of?

SK

ShadowKnight

I had to have one several years ago due to a cyst...and really didn't have hormone problems as a result....but the whole "scraping" procedure made me really afraid that sex would hurt....and it did for a while....the new skin was tender...whole area was....and she may can tell that at this point....it was a long time healing...but that has been so long ago now that I do not remember the amt of time it took...so just be patient....and you can always do other things :) and explore other avenues....

Re: ShadowKnight

sheez_ripped said:
I had to have one several years ago due to a cyst...and really didn't have hormone problems as a result....but the whole "scraping" procedure made me really afraid that sex would hurt....and it did for a while....the new skin was tender...whole area was....and she may can tell that at this point....it was a long time healing...but that has been so long ago now that I do not remember the amt of time it took...so just be patient....and you can always do other things :) and explore other avenues....

She may very well be sensitive still, but even "exploring other avenues" is a no go.

I think I just need to keep being the supportive/patient b/f. Sound right to ya'll?

:)

SK

Top Bottom