Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Farmer's Walks

MonStar1023

I am wondering who does these? And what kinda weight do you use?

I might do them today @ my gym across the aerobics room... Just walk with the dumbbells to your sides right?
:confused::confused:

Good for bulking up your traps/forearms?

I just started doing these again.Since I train at home I do them in my yard.95 ib dumbells walking the length of the yard which is about 100 meters.When I use to train with a guy who was into strongman training, he had a pair of big plastic gas cans with the handle on top.They could hold 105 ibs of sand each.We'd walk the length of his yard back and forth and see who could make the most trips.

Never tried that but I have done farmer's grabs, might not work for you strong guys as good though.

Get a plate in each hand, I use a 45, and pinch grip them. See how long you can stand there pinching a plate. You could walk around with them too or have contests to see who can pinch grip the longest.

I tried out farmer's walks last night and they were GREAT.. an all around great exercise and theyll become one of the 3 core exercises I am using for forearms...
1) hangs from a chin-bar
2) farmer's walks
3) hopefully sandbag curls..
:D:D

Monstar-Sounds like you are starting to like the hardcore grip/total body conditioning exercises.If you haven't already, take a look at some of the websites that cater to that type of thing.You can get some good ideas for that kind of thing:Brook's Kubic's Dinosaur Training,The Garage Gym,Old School Training Discussion Board.I've heard some great discussions and ideas for that sort of thing.

You can always take 2 EZ curl bars and add weights to them...they work for me!!!!

B True

I do farmers walk.......not just with standard dumbells though.

I use dumbells which i have wraped electrical tape around.......havent measured but they are about 2 1/2 times thicker than normal dumbells.

i have paint tins filled with rocks sand and lead weights. i wrap a towel around the handles........i switch between standard grip.....or holding them by the towels. its a bit harder on the wrists.

also in my back yard there are tonnes of different sized rocks to do farmers walks.

i belive its a very functional exercise that has many applications in real life......even if it is walking with shopping bags

Top Bottom