Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eating 500 cals one day..and the next day exercise off 500 cals in the morning?

marcu_s

Im soon going into my offseason mode again, but want to stay in pretty good shape, which i dont always do.

i was wondering, lets say if i would one evening eat a...lets say a chocolatebar that contains 500 cals, but the next day, first thing before breakfest, exercise away 500 cals.

would that even out the night before?

I know that theres a lot of other things that includes like insulinspike i get and stuff like that but, does it even out just a little or...?

I will have a go at the question:

I think it is untrue that carbs consumed at night are automatically stored as fat. It depends on your state of glycogen depletion.

It is safer to consume carbs for breakfast and PWO simply because some degree of glycogen depletion is guaranteed.
Ironically, its when your bulking as opposed to cutting that fat storage of late night carbs is more likely simply because by 7pm when you eat that chocolate bar you are fully carbed up.

As to your question, the answer is 2 a degree correct, with 2 qualifications:
(1) you cannot guarantee that your energy subtrate in the morning will be only fat, and importantly, therefore its not just the fat stored from the chocolate bar used, but also some stored glycogen, and a small amount of protein/muscle.
(2) running or any cardio will some to degree fatigue or anerobically adapt your muscles, reducing your potential muscle gain on a bulk, and therefore, in tims of calorie surplus, quite possibly decrease the amount direct to an incraese in LBM.

Therefore, will the next day running will mitigate the damage, it won't completely undoe it.

2 final thouhts:
(1) U burn about 600 cals in an 8 hour sleep. So don't too despair by a 500 cal cheat.
(2) sometomes I think it may be better to simply tell myself "I'm wearing this cheat". I've started to do this and cheat less. Earlier, I would just say "I will run to cheat", and whilst I did, the outcome was constantly fatigued legs, and more cheating, and undesirable long term outcome. TElling myself "you can only cheat if ur prepared to ware it, as I'm not increasing cardio" is a good way for me to say no to the pizza lol

I will have a go at the question:

I think it is untrue that carbs consumed at night are automatically stored as fat. It depends on your state of glycogen depletion.

It is safer to consume carbs for breakfast and PWO simply because some degree of glycogen depletion is guaranteed.
Ironically, its when your bulking as opposed to cutting that fat storage of late night carbs is more likely simply because by 7pm when you eat that chocolate bar you are fully carbed up.

As to your question, the answer is 2 a degree correct, with 2 qualifications:
(1) you cannot guarantee that your energy subtrate in the morning will be only fat, and importantly, therefore its not just the fat stored from the chocolate bar used, but also some stored glycogen, and a small amount of protein/muscle.
(2) running or any cardio will some to degree fatigue or anerobically adapt your muscles, reducing your potential muscle gain on a bulk, and therefore, in tims of calorie surplus, quite possibly decrease the amount direct to an incraese in LBM.

Therefore, will the next day running will mitigate the damage, it won't completely undoe it.

2 final thouhts:
(1) U burn about 600 cals in an 8 hour sleep. So don't too despair by a 500 cal cheat.
(2) sometomes I think it may be better to simply tell myself "I'm wearing this cheat". I've started to do this and cheat less. Earlier, I would just say "I will run to cheat", and whilst I did, the outcome was constantly fatigued legs, and more cheating, and undesirable long term outcome. TElling myself "you can only cheat if ur prepared to ware it, as I'm not increasing cardio" is a good way for me to say no to the pizza lol
pretty well said. But ffs get a photo where youre not naked bro.

Adelaide crows and port power oh my.

Top Bottom