Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting Diet And Beyond -- And Is Milk Bad??

Newgrl08

Hi Ladies...

I was wondering if anyone could send me a link or give samples of their daily menu/diet. I know this is a question asked over and over, but aside from the 4oz protein/ 3oz yam sample. That is VERY helpful to know portion sizes, but what about if we like cottage cheese as a meal? How about if we make homemade hummus with veggies in place of a protein shake on some days.

How do we know exact portions as that is such a HUGE part of this. I'm @ 141lbs, want to drop 15-20lbs and cut/tone as most of us do to start. (get rid of the flab). I'm assuming I need a 1300-1500cal/day to accomplish this based on some of the calculators I've used, doing a 5 day workout with HIIT/4 day weight training split and other light cardio on non-HIIT days.

Is this OK as one sample:

Post Cardio:

1 cup berries
whey protein
1/2 cup to 1 cup rice milk

Meal #2

Big spinach salad with 1 tbsp avacado chopped in
2 hard boiled eggs
2 tbsp olive oil and vin. dressing homemade

3oz sweet potato grilled

Meal #3

1/3 cup hummus homemade
carrot and celery sticks

Meal #4

4oz protein
unlimited greens
source of fat

Meal #5

protein shake with rice milk (???)

Is Low fat/sugar free yogart a bad thing?
what about rice milk or soy milk in the protein shakes?
And what's the idea of fruit? Can we have some fruit (berries) if it's earlier in the day within our first two meals...can we put it in our protein shakes or see less results...

Happy Workout and Eat Clean!!! :artist:

Newgrl08 said:
Hi Ladies...

I was wondering if anyone could send me a link or give samples of their daily menu/diet. I know this is a question asked over and over, but aside from the 4oz protein/ 3oz yam sample. That is VERY helpful to know portion sizes, but what about if we like cottage cheese as a meal? How about if we make homemade hummus with veggies in place of a protein shake on some days.

How do we know exact portions as that is such a HUGE part of this. I'm @ 141lbs, want to drop 15-20lbs and cut/tone as most of us do to start. (get rid of the flab). I'm assuming I need a 1300-1500cal/day to accomplish this based on some of the calculators I've used, doing a 5 day workout with HIIT/4 day weight training split and other light cardio on non-HIIT days.

Is this OK as one sample:

Post Cardio:

1 cup berries
whey protein
1/2 cup to 1 cup rice milk

Meal #2

Big spinach salad with 1 tbsp avacado chopped in
2 hard boiled eggs
2 tbsp olive oil and vin. dressing homemade

3oz sweet potato grilled

Meal #3

1/3 cup hummus homemade
carrot and celery sticks

Meal #4

4oz protein
unlimited greens
source of fat

Meal #5

protein shake with rice milk (???)

Is Low fat/sugar free yogart a bad thing?
what about rice milk or soy milk in the protein shakes?
And what's the idea of fruit? Can we have some fruit (berries) if it's earlier in the day within our first two meals...can we put it in our protein shakes or see less results...

Happy Workout and Eat Clean!!! :artist:

Hey there! I really have no clue as to your question but I have to tell you that your food sounds so good! I love hummus and would love to try a grilled sweet potato. YUM! Your eating sounds awesome to me but I am just going off of the "clean foods" list.

Re: light yogurt, I eat it. My two preschoolers and I down a 18 pack of that stuff every week or so. We use the Yoplait and it is also recommended in the eating plan I use.

I just HAD to say hello. I mean there are 155 chicks on here reading this stuff and nobody says "boo" so anyway... BOO!

Sounds like you're kicking butt to me at least.

BTW, I am Molly

Oh, one more thing...it depends on what type of protein shakes you are using but, I phased out all milks from mine. My DH used to make his all the time with soymilk. Then we found out it was adding about 20g of sugar to it and he went to all water as well. Anyway, maybe you are a big rice/soy milk lover but I have been a "big girl" my whole life and am ditching all the milks I can with great results. My bloodsugar thanks me I'm sure!

Hi Molly! Thanks so much for saying Hi! I'm just getting started again so it's going to take some work somewhat keeping track of the calories, etc. and seeing what really works but for once and finally I am not afraid to build muscle! I've always stuck to lower weights, high reps for years and don't see the results. After one week of really pushing myself with weights and already feel and see the difference!!

stay in contact, and would love to hear how you're doing too. :Chef:

curvymommy said:
Hey there! I really have no clue as to your question but I have to tell you that your food sounds so good! I love hummus and would love to try a grilled sweet potato. YUM! Your eating sounds awesome to me but I am just going off of the "clean foods" list.

Re: light yogurt, I eat it. My two preschoolers and I down a 18 pack of that stuff every week or so. We use the Yoplait and it is also recommended in the eating plan I use.

I just HAD to say hello. I mean there are 155 chicks on here reading this stuff and nobody says "boo" so anyway... BOO!

Sounds like you're kicking butt to me at least.

BTW, I am Molly

I use milk in my post workout shakes but thats about it, and its only about 1/2 cup.

I eat something kinda like this:
m1
1/2 cup oats
4 egg whites
1 oz FF cheese

m2
22 almonds

m3
5 oz chicken salad with some blueberries or cranberries on it ; low cal dressing

m4
POW shake made with milk

m5
4-6 oz fish
green vege
4 oz sweet potato

course sometimes I use rice or rice cakes and tuna instead of chicken

I use milk or yogurt in my post shakes sometimes water...can't remeber why they told me not to....i think maybe it was the lactose but not sure...

Gymgurl said:
I use milk or yogurt in my post shakes sometimes water...can't remeber why they told me not to....i think maybe it was the lactose but not sure...
The lactose is sugar. As for your question milk is not bad I think it is a better choice then most soy or rice milks read the label most have a silly amount of sugar in them. There is a certain amount of trial and error with dieting some things work well for some but not for others there is no one cookie cutter way. My suggestion is journal everything you eat if you are losing fat and having some skim milk then it works for you.

No foods are BAD, they all have their place, even sugar at times.

Yogurt is easier to digest and the pro-biotics ones may be great for helping out the healthy bacteria in your gut.

I prefer to mix my post workout whey into low fat plain bio yogurt instead of skimmed milk or water sometimes

Rice milk has a lot of natural sugars in it. Soya milk is hard to digest. Having made it myself before, the soya beans are not cooked all that much.

In general though, with either milk, soya milk or rice milk, I would go organic.

If you can't tolerate milk, there are also other alternatives such as oat and almond milk, but hippies do love to put extra sugar in those products.

Gymgurl said:
Thanks guys...I always use ff milk. But good info...Ty

If I was not cutting, I would be taking in full fat organic (and also try to find unpasteurised) milk.

If you can tolerate milk, I think it is great.

I have yet to try goat's milk, that is meant to be more similar to human milk.

Top Bottom