Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD diet & low thyroid

NYM, why do you assume that jnuts is 'low-normal'. Is this correct jnuts?? There is a difference between thyroid in the low end of the normal range, and LOW thyroid. But either way it seems to me that if your thyroid is legitimately low AND you are experiencing symptoms of low thyroid, then you should be getting some help from your doc. It's not just about losing fat as NYM pointed out. It's about being a healthy person. But for sure you can't pin all of your fat loss hopes on taking a pill. Low or normal thyroid-you still have to work hard and be 100% commited to a solid program of diet and exercise.

I don't suppose you have a copy of the thyroid test results???

T4 will help with the mental aspect of low thyroid, but isn't much good for changing metabolism which is why NYM didn't notice any change. Armour is a good choice for hypothyroidism.

Always have your free T3 levels checked. That will tell the story and not many docs do that.

W6

jnuts said:
Thanks NY Muscle,
You're prob. right, maybe I need to take a closer look at what I'm eating, esp. night time carbs and not enough cardio. I've been on CKD a week on Fri. and already feel lighter, mostly h20 weight. Do u think some HIT workouts would speed things up?

HIT is great sure if u can handle it, im too lazy and it hurts my knees so i do cardio on the treadmil 45min - 1 hr, 4mph and i go up to 4.5mph then back down to 4mph, sometimes ill sprint if my knees arent that bad for a few minutes at 8mph... but usually the last 25 minutes is stright cardio no HIT, the 1st 25-30min ill play around with walking fast and jogging like HIT.

MS said:
NYM, why do you assume that jnuts is 'low-normal'.

I am assuming since just about every human being "seems" to be low normal (so they say) when they get blood tests back and maybe .01 % are actually below normal which requires meds.

MS said:
I don't suppose you have a copy of the thyroid test results???

Here are the results from some bloodwork drawn on 8 May:

Test Total - 36 (20-76)
Test Free - 4 (1-21)
Test Free and Weakly Bound - 8 (3-29)
Cortisol 19.2 (3-17)(this seems kinda high to me?)

DHEA S - 97 (52-400)
IGFA - 171 (114-492)

T-4, Free - 0.8 (.8-1.8)
T3, Free- 233 (230-420)

---------

From a test taken on Apr 18th:
TSH, 3rd Generation - 4.391 (0.35-4.94)

My wife's doctor is a dickhead. We will not be seeing him anymore. He's been total lunkhead about this whole thing.

Test low.

Thyroid T4 and T3, low.

TSH high.

DHEAs low.

Cortisol high.

IGF-I low.

That's about as catabolic and fat promoting as you can get. Sure you're barely inside the norms, but as far as quality of life issues go, man what a mess.

You need to get on a dose of Armour (T3 and T4) to bring your TSH down to around 2.0 and free T3 and T4 at least into the mid-normal range.

You need some T-gel to get your testosterone levels up into the mid - upper normal range.

Add in about 25 mg of DHEA per day to boost the DHEAs.

The low IGF-I and high cortisol may be due to diet, start a rotating carb diet.

But most importantly, get to a doc that will correct the Test and thyroid issues. You're living in a metabolic cluster f*** right now.

Once you fix this you'll feel 100 times better.

W6

Thanks wilson6,

I've been feeling like shit for awhile, would getting off ECA's and coffee bring down the cortisol? I have 2 kids and go to school full time, along w/training I'm pretty much spent most of the time, I started really hitting the coffee(3-4) cups a day and zenadrine once a day just to get thru my workouts and daily chores etc. By 9 p.m. I can't wait to hit the sack and no interest in sex what so ever, I'm too tired. I'm so grateful to have people on Elite to help me out, mu doc. was telling me it is in my head.

I have an appt. on Tues. w/ an internal doc. my friend that goes to him said he prob. want me to start progesterone cream first before Armour, what does it take to get a doc. to give you this stuff??

NY Muscle said:

HIT is great sure if u can handle it, im too lazy and it hurts my knees so i do cardio on the treadmil 45min - 1 hr, 4mph and i go up to 4.5mph then back down to 4mph, sometimes ill sprint if my knees arent that bad for a few minutes at 8mph... but usually the last 25 minutes is stright cardio no HIT, the 1st 25-30min ill play around with walking fast and jogging like HIT.

You do that every day bro'?

I used to be so scared of cardio, thought I would shrink to nothing. However for the last 5 weeks I've hit morning cardio evey day, 60 minute sessions at 4.0mph 3% incline. The fat just melted right off me. Granted, my diet is absolutely perfect right now, but hey, I'm natural and have gotten a lot stronger these last 5 weeks as well.

JG1 said:

You do that every day bro'?

I used to be so scared of cardio, thought I would shrink to nothing. However for the last 5 weeks I've hit morning cardio evey day, 60 minute sessions at 4.0mph 3% incline. The fat just melted right off me. Granted, my diet is absolutely perfect right now, but hey, I'm natural and have gotten a lot stronger these last 5 weeks as well.

5 - 7 days a week and more when i near contest time or beach time, etc. For those of you who never dieted for a show, its quite the norm to do 1 hr of cardio every day and even 2 times a day the last month or so b4 a show... a girlfriend of mine does 2-3hrs a day when shes getting ready for a show... i hate cardio but I'd rather do more cardio cause i love to eat, than starve myself and do less cardio.

Top Bottom