Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chest-X number of times weekly

calebi95

ive ben reading and every i read people to say to only work your chest one or two times a week. this doesnt seem like enough to me. first of all no matter how hard i train my chest the previous day or how many sets till failure i do, im BARELY ever sore the next day.
a while back i started doing several sets of pushups till failure almost every night. i would work my chest about 4-5 times a week. and in about 2 months tops, i had already raised my max about 20 pounds. but i have since stoped with this and lost all i had gained. so im wondering if im the only one thats had succsess this way? and what others have to say about it, and how many times a week they recomend and such.
thanks all

it takes about 48 hours for the muscle fibers to repair.

you don't want to neglect your other muscles during that time.

not sure what to tell you, everyone is different.. i have found the harder i work in the gym the better the results. which is why i hit the weight room 5-6X per week.. i've gone on streaks where I would go everyday.. last december i went everyday, only missed Xmas cause the gym was closed :)

now keep in mind if you go in there and max out everyday you will wear out pretty damn fast. so if you want to go heavy then you should limit your chest workouts to 1-2X per week only. maybe that is your problem, you just aren't going heavy enough. so you aren't really tearing up those muscle fibers where you would get sore. OR perhaps you are like me where the harder you pound away the better your results, and the less you go the more you fall behind. when i was a powerlifter leading up to my meets the harder i pushed myself those 2 weeks leading up to the meet the better i performed.. when i was a 5K runner same thing, if i put in 45 miles the week prior to my race i would do better. if i only got in 25 miles i would be sucking up air during my run and regret not pushing myself more.

A few observations;

A) you may be over training

B) how old are you? you may be concentrating too much on chest, I did this when I was young

C) are you having the same problems with other BP's (somewhat rhetorical question)

~EZ

Agree complete with what Steve said. I'm the exact same way in terms of volume/frequency of training needed. This is most obvious on my chest where I need to train 3 times a week to see similar results as back or legs. I work out with guys who can do 4 days a week or even 3 and come back strong the next week whereas if I miss a Saturday workout (day 6) I'm dragging a$$ sometimes.

I'm guessing your 17... Don't do what I did when I was in high school and try to do body part specific days like the bodybuilders I read about... get on a good full body routine and put just as much emphasis on squats and deadlift as you have been on bench, learn the form and don't let your ego get the best of you! Good luck

Put up a sample upperbody day for.us to critique. Its hard to tell whats wrong without any info. You may be going to light. Or not doing enough compound moves.

I'm guessing your 17... Don't do what I did when I was in high school and try to do body part specific days like the bodybuilders I read about... get on a good full body routine and put just as much emphasis on squats and deadlift as you have been on bench, learn the form and don't let your ego get the best of you! Good luck

this

Top Bottom