Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CHECK this its why ive grown so much without any protein powder

NYBodyguard said:
oly time ill drink a shake is Post workout sometimes in the morning but ill only use whey isolate and not replacing a meal with it just bridging congrats on your success
whats up bud, long time no see. thank you, yes i do take a shake with a banana some strawberries and milk with one scoop of myo vanilla sometimes.

Mac173 said:
Your protein intake looks awfully low to me. I don't see the point of lowering protein intake just to say that you eat a whole food diet. Makes no sense to me.

My protein intake consists of:

1.5lb turkey
.5lb lean ground beef
6.5scoops whey
2 egg whites
2 tbsp ANPB
That is spread out over 7 meals.

how is my intake low?
breakfast 4 eggwhites 1 cup of oatmeal 1 cup of cottage cheese with fruit is
60grams of protien

mid morning snack half a tub of low sugar yogart with almonds and fruit is another 50grams

lunch is 2 6oz pieces of salamon with a salad for 50grams

mid day snack is 16 oz of milk and a large pb and jelly sandwich thats 42 grams
sounds low (milk is 15 grams two slices of bread whole wheat bread is 7 grams 3 table spoon of pb is 21 grams )

dinner around 8 oz of chicken with salad bakes potatoe and 10 oz of milk
for over 50grams

before bed snack is 2 cups of cottage cheese (1/2 a cup is 12 grams ) 44 grams of protien with fruit...

its over 300 grams a day if it sounds low then just up your food intake at dinner breakfast and lunch adding a few oz's of fish shicken or beef...

I guess I forgot to include I drink milk with almost every meal...my bad if thats why it looked so low.. I alos forgot to mention its big portions of cottage cheese and yogart 3-4 lablel servings not just a spoon or two

,mac you should not be just woried about protien intake you have to eat balanced meals with fats and carbs.. alot of my meals are low in fat so I have to chug table spoon of olive oil with um..eating well rounded meals is better then drinking protien by itself between meals ,,,every protien must be ingested with fats and carbs to get the proper metabolic response from the body to absorb the nutrients..

****All meat and other animal products are sources of complete proteins. These include beef, lamb, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, milk, and milk products.

you can fix whey by adding milk,oats,a banana and flaxseeds to get the metoblic response of a whole food meal
the body needs fats to make hormones,carbs to transport muslc ebuilding nutrients and protien to build tissue..

I fell into the whey game years ago it was so eazy to chug some whey in water and down it between meals ,,, my caloric intake was so low
and now i know why its not balanced unless you add stuff to it

Last edited:
chazk said:
how is my intake low?
breakfast 4 eggwhites 1 cup of oatmeal 1 cup of cottage cheese with fruit is
60grams of protien

mid morning snack half a tub of low sugar yogart with almonds and fruit is another 50grams

lunch is 2 6oz pieces of salamon with a salad for 50grams

mid day snack is 16 oz of milk and a large pb and jelly sandwich thats 42 grams
sounds low (milk is 15 grams two slices of bread whole wheat bread is 7 grams 3 table spoon of pb is 21 grams )

dinner around 8 oz of chicken with salad bakes potatoe and 10 oz of milk
for over 50grams

before bed snack is 2 cups of cottage cheese (1/2 a cup is 12 grams ) 44 grams of protien with fruit...

its over 300 grams a day if it sounds low then just up your food intake at dinner breakfast and lunch adding a few oz's of fish shicken or beef...

I guess I forgot to include I drink milk with almost every meal...my bad if thats why it looked so low.. I alos forgot to mention its big portions of cottage cheese and yogart 3-4 lablel servings not just a spoon or two

,mac you should not be just woried about protien intake you have to eat balanced meals with fats and carbs.. alot of my meals are low in fat so I have to chug table spoon of olive oil with um..eating well rounded meals is better then drinking protien by itself between meals ,,,every protien must be ingested with fats and carbs to get the proper metabolic response from the body to absorb the nutrients..

****All meat and other animal products are sources of complete proteins. These include beef, lamb, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, milk, and milk products.

you can fix whey by adding milk,oats,a banana and flaxseeds to get the metoblic response of a whole food meal
the body needs fats to make hormones,carbs to transport muslc ebuilding nutrients and protien to build tissue..

I fell into the whey game years ago it was so eazy to chug some whey in water and down it between meals ,,, my caloric intake was so low
and now i know why its not balanced unless you add stuff to it
I was only including my protein, that did not include any of the other aspects of my diet.
How many cals are you sitting at w/ that diet?

Mac173 said:
I was only including my protein, that did not include any of the other aspects of my diet.
How many cals are you sitting at w/ that diet?

its high enough for me...I'll give a break down of breakfast
4 egg whites 320 calories
1 cup oatmeal 300 calories
2 serving cottage cheese 180
1 fruit 100 calories.
= 900 calories my biggest meal

mid morning snack
3 yogart serving is 300 calories
1 fruit 100 calories (usually bananas)
hand full of almonds 200 calories
=600 calories

lunch
8-12 oz of salmon (3oz -175 calories) so 400 calories to 750 calories
i'll only count 8 oz but often i do eat closer to 12oz =400 calories
freash salad with tomatoe and cucumbers=130 calories
2 table spoons of olive oil = 240 calories
=770 calories

mid day snack pb and jelly with milk
2 slices of bread = 120 calories
3 table spoons of pb =285 calories
1 table spoon of jelly = 90 calories
8-16 oz of milk (i drink more but will use 8oz as a min)=130 calories
=625 calories

dinner is a little loser bigger varity but a example would be this
8 oz of chicken breast grilled = 300 calories
1 large baked potato= 300 calories
1 table spoon of oilve oil on the potato for flavor = 120 calories
1 glass of milk = 130 calories
= 850 calories

snack before beed time
1 1/2 cup of cottage cheese =270 calories
blue berries one cup = 70 calories
half a glass of milk = 70 calories
= 410 before bed
lightest meal I get fat being a endo with lots of calories before bedtime so I eat just enough to keep the fat off..

total for a day like that above a simple day with out the extra stuff like splurging or eating out...plus often I'll have a glass of oj or some fruit juices i didnt even count in the above chart
Is roughly 4000 to 4200 calories a day posted above.. and I manage to maintain 14-15% bf
deiting down I drop it down to 3500 calories by cutting out the dairy and eating a little more meat to stay at 300 grams or protien a day
bulking up I get to 5000 calories eazy...

hope that helps some mac
this is a great website calorieking to get the calorie values of stuff with out lables like freash fruits and meats...rember this works for me the 4000-4200 range using whole foods .I just couldnt get their using shakes and when I did they gave me bad gas and the runs and i just didnt gain the muscle like i do on the solid food diet...plus i dont have bad gas anymore with this diet and they farts dont stink like they did with the shakes also no bloat ...

Knight9 said:
are there any secrets or real intelligent ways you guys have managed to figure out how to not spend a FORTUNE on all this red meat and fish? what kinds of cuts and how big are the portions and where do you buy all this meat? what has been the most cost effective strategy YOU have come up with in buying this much meat per week?

I have a freezer.... big one in garage. The grocery store has buy one get one free every couple of weeks on chicken... beef... fish.. etc. When it goes on sale... the checkout clerk always gives me a strange look.

I do Whey with oatmeal in morning.... and whey after workout. Bruce....What is a quick digesting whole food protien for PWO?

--Techbaseball

My daily protein sources:
8 oz ground turkey
3- whole eggs
6- egg whites
16 oz skinless chicken breast
12 oz salmon/tilapia or 2 cans tuna
1 lb red meat from either ground round, New York strip steak, or rib eye.
100 grams of protein from whey
46 grams of protein from BSN syntha-6 which is a blend of whey, milk casein at bedtime.
Occasionally things deviate a little, but thats the mainstay.

I buy a weaned steer for about 400 bucks, let it graze for 6-8 months, then have it butchered for around 400 bucks, cut and wrapped how I choose. Total cost... $800 for around 700-800 lbs of beef. :p
Knight9 said:
are there any secrets or real intelligent ways you guys have managed to figure out how to not spend a FORTUNE on all this red meat and fish? what kinds of cuts and how big are the portions and where do you buy all this meat? what has been the most cost effective strategy YOU have come up with in buying this much meat per week?

i agree with everyone that real whole food is the place where you should get your protein from, virtually all modern shakes i have tried are a waste

hayz said:
Great here in oz, Kangaroos jumpin everywhere in plague proportions. Roo meat is the healthiest red meat on earth, with little to no fat.

We have permits to shoot them so my freezer is full to the brim, 2 lb of that a day and doesnt cost me a cent, so nice and juicy. my mouth is watering now.
Yeah well. No roo meat around here. We do got possum, squirrels, skunks, wolf rats though and don't need a permit to shoot em. UMMMM UMMMM good. :p

Perp

Top Bottom