Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheat day...

R

Rolls Royce

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my new diet... And I was wondering what do do about a cheat day. My one BB buddy always tells me that I cheat day is actually good and it lets your metabolism work after a week of eating hardly any fat... Is that true?... And if it is then that means that a cheat day is actually an important part of the diet?

There's some arguement on the benefits/problems with a cheat day. Some say exactly what your friend says, only I think about it as more of a "carb-up" time. I get to eat bread and sweets which I deny myself during the week. Others will tell you that a cheat day more often than once a month will hinder your cutting goal. So like anything, it depends on what works best for you.

Here are some things I try to keep in mind about cheat day:

1) Only do it if you deserve it. If you haven't eaten COMPLETELY CLEAN for the prior week, don't do it. Wait until you have six totally clean diet days behind you.

2) Cheat day is not "gorge yourself" day. Do not stuff yourself with crap at every meal. Keep it reasonable.

3) I think cheat days are important mentally. I love food. If I had to be on a cutting diet constantly, I'd never stick with it. Cheat day gives you something to look forward to. And I guarantee you, you will NEVER appreciate good food more than after a week of chicken, tuna, rice, and protein powder.

4) The day after a cheat day requires 10 times more discipline for me than any trip to the gym. You've had incredible food the day before, now it's time to get back to the grind, kinda like monday morning. Last tip, DO NOT extend cheat day into the next day, no matter how much you want to.

I look forward to that cheat day w/ the greatest anticipation one would imagine. W/ every dry bight i take of meat or chicken i think of this day, the wonderful day we call the cheat day. :good: especially if you've been good.

Apparently, Par Deus is making little headway in his war of terminology. :D Has anyone other than me bothered to read his article on leptin? He makes a strong case that a diet will be successful because of "refeed days" not in spite of them.

hehe par is realy plugging that leptin diet of his. It sure as hell sounds very interesting i would sure like to see the next issue. When is it coming out par?

Top Bottom