Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carlsuen's SF 5x5 journal

week 7 day 3 (saturday) 2/9/06

squats
5x60
5x60
5x80
5x100
3x122.5kg
8x80

bench (speed work)
10x40
10x50
10x60
8x60kg

rows
10x40
5x50
5x60
3x77.5kg

power clean
6 singles@60kg

curls

tri extensions..

all's good.. really happy on the squats.. rows are starting to get hard too.. but it will ride for awhile.. its been awhile since i did BB stuff like tri extention.. they're sore now.. :D

well.. maybe i got the defenition of 'speed work' wrong.. but i just do em as fast as i can.. is it supposed to be performed with low reps (5's?)

pls correct me..

well you are right about doing as fast as possible. the only routine i know of is what's used by WSB trainees. there's squats 8-9x2 (sets x reps) at ~ 50-60% of 1 RM and flat bench 8-9x3 at ~ 50% of 1RM. time between reps is no more then 1 min usually.

i'm not so sure about how much use speed work would be for all but almost advanced to advanced trainees - maybe i could be wrong about that though. if that is correct, then you'd be fine merely concentrating on exploding the weight during the normal course of your routine. JMO

ahh.. i see i see.. i really value your opinion.. as no one seems to be commenting much on my training.. so i might not know what i'm doing wrong..

and of cuz i'm not training for a meet.. just looking to increase the poundages on my 5x5 bench.. that's it..

and of cuz i'm not very familiar with WSB style.. so i might not know what i'm doing too.. haha.. i've become so complacent with the 5x5 as it's just so easy..

carlsuen said:
no one seems to be commenting much on my training.. so i might not know what i'm doing wrong..
you seem to have a pretty high views to posts ratio in this thread... so i can't understand it... maybe ask questions... not sure

lol.. i did.. i've been commenting about my left arm bothering me.. it's affecting my bench and OHPs.. don't think it's anything serious.. but it only tingles and twitches when i bench and OHP..

Top Bottom