Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carlsuen's SF 5x5 journal

carlsuen

woohoo!!! here's how the first day went..

week 1 - day 1

squat

5x70kg
5x75
5x80
5x85
5x90

it was good.. gonna go for 5kg increase weekly.. untill i can't then i'll proceed to 2.5kg..

bench

5x40kg
5x45
5x50
5x55
5x60

these were normal.. gonna go for 5kg increases too..

power cleans

5x50kg
5x50
5x55
5x55
5x60

woohoo!!! i decided to do power cleans instead of bent rows cuz i wanna see what it would do for me.. and boy am i surprised.. i got the form right.. but a bit sloppy.. i guess i just needed to get used to it.. anyone know of a stretch for traps.. cuz they sure are sore as hell!! damn... i'm already loving the power clean...

weighted hypers
8x10kg
8x15
8x15

abwork and stretches after that..

pretty decent work out.. i had to go to the locker room to check if i had 3 heads on my shoulders cuz everyone was looking at me when i was doing cleans :p . i think everyone who is doing bent rows should stop immediately and go for power cleans!! really looking forward to wednesday..

carlsuen said:
pretty decent work out.. i had to go to the locker room to check if i had 3 heads on my shoulders cuz everyone was looking at me when i was doing cleans :p . i think everyone who is doing bent rows should stop immediately and go for power cleans!! really looking forward to wednesday..

AMEN TO THAT!!! I wouldn't say it's for everyone, but once you get the form down, wow is it a good excersize. My favorite actually. P.S., are you doing cleans, or power cleans? I do power cleans in my SF 5x5, and I prefer them over regular cleans.

hey, I started SF5x5 yesterday. :) Same exercises. I'll be doing push presses instead of incline. I'll be checking in!

Nice first workout Carlsuen,especially the power cleans.I stopped doing them as everyone was raving on about how good the rows are,but I think I will go back to doing Power cleans as the rows seem too awkward for me to do.Remember pull the weight at a steady pace off the floor,then explode with the second pull once it passes the knees.

good luck :)

yeap.. that's exactly how i do them.. the rows are good.. but the power clean is a much more effective exercise IMO.. i've never had soreness in my traps up until now.. i'm just loving it..

week 1 - day 2

squats

5x70kg
5x75
5x80
5x80

push presses

5x40kg
5x45
5x50
5x55
5x60

deadlifts

5x60kg
5x70
5x80
5x90
5x100

abwork and stretches after that..

one of the fastest work out ever i have to say.. did everything like a breeze.. we'll see how saturday goes eh.. i'm expecting the first 3-4 weeks to be a bit boring.. but i'm fine i guess..

weighted my self.. 92kg.. good.. i guess i gained abit from all those eating and lifting.. plus i'm not doing anymore cardio on my lifting days.. i'll try to find time in between the off days to do it..

can anyone tell me the difference between power cleans and normal cleans? as i don't see much of a diff..

Power cleans are a clean with the catch in a standing position, with minimal "dip" to get under and catch the bar. The true "normal" cleans require you to catch the weight at the bottom of a front squat position, as they do in the Olympics.

carlsuen said:
weighted my self.. 92kg.. good.. i guess i gained abit from all those eating and lifting.. plus i'm not doing anymore cardio on my lifting days.. i'll try to find time in between the off days to do it..

can anyone tell me the difference between power cleans and normal cleans? as i don't see much of a diff..

On the normal cleans you catch the bar in the bottom squat position.Power cleans you only dip down into a quarter/half squat to catch the bar,so you need to pull the bar higher then a normal clean.

Top Bottom