Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carb loading and refeeds

Nomak666

im currently taking in 210 grams of carbs for 3 days and i carb up every 4th day. on the days i take in 210 grams of carbs, i split it between my fist 4 meals. my question is, on the high carb day, should i split them throughout the first 4 meals or just have a high carb meal at meal 6. ive read somewhere that someone eats 2 potatoes and like 2-3 cups of brown rice for their last meal on the high carb day. i want to know anyones expierience with this and if you can enlighten me on this topic.

thanks

im currently taking in 210 grams of carbs for 3 days and i carb up every 4th day. on the days i take in 210 grams of carbs, i split it between my fist 4 meals. my question is, on the high carb day, should i split them throughout the first 4 meals or just have a high carb meal at meal 6. ive read somewhere that someone eats 2 potatoes and like 2-3 cups of brown rice for their last meal on the high carb day. i want to know anyones expierience with this and if you can enlighten me on this topic.

thanks

I am doing this soon too. I plan on doing the low CHO for three days followed by a high CHO day. I was planning on Carbing up every fourth day and just loading starchy carbs with every meal. I will basically double my CHO intake on the high day while lowering my PRO slightly.

thanks

eating all the carbs in one sitting will lead to a spillover effect. break them up between meals.

I'm cycling right now as well. Doing 5 days of 150gm, then 1 day of 350. Rinse and repeat. GEtting lean real quick and not losing any muscle or strength yet. Being on helps though.:evil:

I spread the carbs through out the day everyday, except for PWO on lifting days I do 50grams of my 150. I do all green veggies and complex carbs like oatmeal and brown rice, except PWO.

I have also seen a cutting diet used successfully where the individual would reload on carbs for his last meal every 3rd or 4th day.

What is the idea behind loading up on carbs for the last meal? Anyone know?

I have also seen a cutting diet used successfully where the individual would reload on carbs for his last meal every 3rd or 4th day.

What is the idea behind loading up on carbs for the last meal? Anyone know?

It keeps the thyroid active. If you go low carb too long your body goes into survival mode and tries to keep the fat on. Your body fat cells release leptin to indicate how much fat the body has. The lower the BF, the less leptin and the more the body tries to keep fat on. If you have re-load days, your thyroid is being told that your body has food and it keeps going with the metabolism thus reducing your BF more.

I don't think I explained that very well.

Study the effects of leptin, grehlin(hunger hormone) and the thyroid when trying to lose fat.

how many grams of carbs will cause the spill over effect?do u find that you retain water on high carb days?

depends on the individual really. gotta try a couple of times to see where you are. for me, i go 80 as my high in one sitting. water retention, not really but i drink 1.5 gallons of water a day.

It keeps the thyroid active. If you go low carb too long your body goes into survival mode and tries to keep the fat on. Your body fat cells release leptin to indicate how much fat the body has. The lower the BF, the less leptin and the more the body tries to keep fat on. If you have re-load days, your thyroid is being told that your body has food and it keeps going with the metabolism thus reducing your BF more.

I don't think I explained that very well.

Study the effects of leptin, grehlin(hunger hormone) and the thyroid when trying to lose fat.

In addition a CKD (Keto with a loading phase) allows you to train properly and reglycogenate. A keto with no loading phase would not work if you train 4 times a week.

Top Bottom