Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carb loading and refeeds

I been doin the same as SL and DB actually for 3 weeks + 25 mins LI cardio 4 times a week + ECA stack. 150g carbs 3 days and 300 g on day 4 (altering fats accordingly). I have been really pleased (I have done a CKD and would compare the results favourably)...except...I have had 5 days off from the gym an I feel like I have seriously shrunk and turned from an Ecto to a SUPERECTO!

I think on this kinda diet its advisable (for an Ecto anyway) to limit activity in the gy and train 3 excercises per body part max. Im just trying to maintain muscle mass + recomposition of bodyshape. I should be there in about 5-6 weeks

do you guys eat complex carbs on the high carb days like swet potatoes/yams/brown rice/oatmeal or do you use white rice and white potatoes?

do you guys eat complex carbs on the high carb days like swet potatoes/yams/brown rice/oatmeal or do you use white rice and white potatoes?

Complex carbs. You don't want to spike your insulin too much.

Complex carbs. You don't want to spike your insulin too much.

oh sounds right. i just read an article and it says that the fiber in the slower burning carbs can be counter-productive on the refeed, it also said to eat white rice, white bread, white pasta, etc. so i got happy for a bit thinking i can get away with eating white carbs.

oh sounds right. i just read an article and it says that the fiber in the slower burning carbs can be counter-productive on the refeed, it also said to eat white rice, white bread, white pasta, etc. so i got happy for a bit thinking i can get away with eating white carbs.

Well, I guess there is some truth to that. I read that somewhere also about the fiber. But, if you are eating that much more carbs, you should be getting enough restoration.

Either way, I guess and in fact, come to think of it, getting some high GI carbs is good.

Even on my low carb days, I do a high GI PWO carbs with 50 grams. It helps with the glycogen replenishment, but then the whole rest of the day you are burning fat. I was suggested to use a carrot/orange juice mix PWO by a very wise man. Grape juice sometimes takes it's place, but it's the same idea.

Well, I guess there is some truth to that. I read that somewhere also about the fiber. But, if you are eating that much more carbs, you should be getting enough restoration.

Either way, I guess and in fact, come to think of it, getting some high GI carbs is good.

Even on my low carb days, I do a high GI PWO carbs with 50 grams. It helps with the glycogen replenishment, but then the whole rest of the day you are burning fat. I was suggested to use a carrot/orange juice mix PWO by a very wise man. Grape juice sometimes takes it's place, but it's the same idea.

i think some high gi carbs for breakfast and postworkout would be alright, but i really dont think you can get that shreded eating high gi carbs. carrot and orange juice? sounds "exotic". have you tried waxy maize or dextrose? i have used waxy maize in the past an i honestly didnt see a difference then eating brown rice and chicken pwo.

i think some high gi carbs for breakfast and postworkout would be alright, but i really dont think you can get that shreded eating high gi carbs. carrot and orange juice? sounds "exotic". have you tried waxy maize or dextrose? i have used waxy maize in the past an i honestly didnt see a difference then eating brown rice and chicken pwo.

I actually normally use waxy PWO. The reason I use carrot juice is because it is really high glycemic. It restores the liver glycogen and helps me stay out of hypoglycemia, which I struggle with on low carb.

Grape juice sugars are dextrose.

ive been doing a variation of this and i use white pasta for my 2 first meals on my carb load day and oats the rest of the day. unless youre competing, you wont be able to see a difference. as long as the carbs are mixed with a lean protein, the gi drops drastically blunting a huge insulin spike.

On the reefeed its best to start with High gi carbs for the first meal then move to low GI. if you are on keto, obviously avoid fruit sugars completely.

I understand the carb up's are essential to keep the body burning fat.

But why do some people have their carb up meal for the last meal of the day?

For example I know someone that had much success with this: (note the carb load as the last meal 2 days a week)

breakfast

3 egg white 1 yolk 1 grapefruit 6oz hamburger patty

10 AM

50g protein shake

lunch

6-8 oz chick breast, 1 can green beans

3 PM

50g protein shake

dinner

8-10 oz chicken breast, salad

10 PM

50 gram protein shake

monday and thursday night at 10pm

dont take shake at night, 1 bowl of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of vegetables, 1 banana, 1 box of raisins

Top Bottom