Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carb and post workout question

NJbigtime

Plat Hero
Platinum
hey- i'm doing a cutting workout and diet. I try to eat all of my carbs in the mourning. However, i workout at 5 at night. I heard that after working out eating carbs is very important to eat. any advice here? should i eat carbs right after i workout at 7 at night?

There is nothing magical about carbs at night. Fat loss is determined primarily by daily calorie balance.

Have your post workout shake, just make sure and count it as part of your intake.

so how many carbs should i eat after i workout. i get home around 7 at night. i was thinking eating half of baked patotoe and 1 slice of wheat bread. what do you think abou that?

I agree that some carbs are needed after you workout, but I have a follow-up question: Should you drink simple carbs right after lifting or just a protein drink? If you lift at in the evening? Should your next meal then consist of something like brown rice, or would veggies be better for carbs? This question always bothers me cause you don't want too many unused carbs in your system when you go to sleep and you generally want to avoid high GI carbs (except post-workout).

NJbigtime said:
so how many carbs should i eat after i workout. i get home around 7 at night. i was thinking eating half of baked patotoe and 1 slice of wheat bread. what do you think abou that?

It depends on how much you weigh but 50-60g should be enough.

Immediately after training go for carbs that have a GI of 80-100 (for dieting go for the lower value)

Post workout meal should consist of "not-so-starchy-carbs" like white rice and potatoes, GI of 60-70

NJBig, go for a little cereal like corn flakes(no milk) blended in a cup of apple juice and 30g of whey.

sweets said:

I think he was for some reason saying when to eat carbs while on a CKD, Full body fatigue workout then carb for "super compensation" thing is the guys not on a CKD so I'm with you in thinking

Huh what?

Nathan said:
I agree that some carbs are needed after you workout, but I have a follow-up question: Should you drink simple carbs right after lifting or just a protein drink? If you lift at in the evening? Should your next meal then consist of something like brown rice, or would veggies be better for carbs? This question always bothers me cause you don't want too many unused carbs in your system when you go to sleep and you generally want to avoid high GI carbs (except post-workout).

Drink simple carbs -- 40-50g with 40g of whey.

Have a normal meal an hour or so later.

There is nothing magical about going to sleep or eating after 6:00 that will make you suddenly get fat from food -- that is a myth. What matters is daily calorie balance. Just make sure whatever you have at night is accounted for by having less during the rest of the day.

Top Bottom