Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building a new computer soon, experienced peeps let me know if this looks ok...

...I play a lot of video games, and love massive multiplayer online games... so going to build a new computer in a month or so...here is what I was going to assemble.

-Either a 3 gig or a 3.2 gig Pentium 4 processor
-gigabyte GA-8ANXP-D motherboard
-my old 40 gig for a primary drive (only my operating system will be on this one, the rest will be used for virtual memory and temporary internet files, with about half the drive free), with a 200 gig slave
-my board has 6 dual channel ddr2 memory slots, however the manufacturer says that if all 6 are filled it will reduce the bandwith of the memory, due to chipset limitations. It will support 4 gigs and hands 1 gig cards, so I'm thinking of getting 4 dual channel ddr2 pc2-4200 1 gig cards. Granted pc2-4200 is very fast, and 4 gigs might be overkill, but I like having lots of ram. My games always run better with it. Any thoughts on this?
-My current video card is a geforce 4 440, should I upgrade or just stick with it for now?

i built my puter 4 years ago.....state of the art at the time....cost me 3000....now you can buy the Equivalent for 400. fuck i hate remembering that

PERFECTWORLD said:
i built my puter 4 years ago.....state of the art at the time....cost me 3000....now you can buy the Equivalent for 400. fuck i hate remembering that

I have $300 in my current computer. I have a 1.5 gig amd athlon overclocked to a 1.8 gig with 1 gig of pc 2100, a 12 gig primary drive with a 40 gig slave.

My new one will run me about $1500 ($1000 is just the ram, everything else I can get for pennies...I'm getting a new black lcd for free)

OPS CORRECTED MY TYPO.

Last edited:
BodyByFinaplix said:
I have $300 in my current computer. I have a 1.5 gig amd athlon overclocked to a 1.8 gig with 1 gig of pc 100, a 12 gig primary drive with a 40 gig slave.

My new one will run me about $1500 ($1000 is just the ram, everything else I can get for pennies...I'm getting a new black lcd for free)

hook me up bro i need an upgrade.... :verygood:

allso now the youngsters like the liquid cooled with led cables and shit ..pretty cool...a hassle for looks but neat i guess

That looks almost like mine!
The strobe pulses to the music,nice when watching music videos.

RADAR

Get an ATI Radeon card....

I have the 9800 Pro with 128Mb...

Kicks ass !!

I play a lot of Unreal Tournamant 2004 online. I have all of the game settings on MAX detail (called 'Holy Shit' settings in the game). The game plays flawless. I also have a 3Ghz Pentium 4 with 1G of RAM. I'm a very happy camper...

Top Bottom