Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For people who know computers. Just got a new one Have some questions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn it woman I just missed an S in computers... that isnt broken English.... hell my English is better than SB and other's

@WoodyO I am beyond gamer, Im full on nerdy :D

waht do u play.

p.s needto. please return that comp and buy a 1000 dollar one, not that 5k computer u bought. please. its such a waste for what you want

there are also 3 important things I noticed, one is that you got TWO optical drives and they're not even blu ray so there was really no need for that, two is that they sold you FOUR hard drives and they are SSD which means the proabbly charged you up the ass for it and it was not necessary, a third thing is that those damn 4 hard drives are running as RAID 1 which means that one hard drive mirrors the other, so if you save important documents in one it makes a back up copy in the other, same applies for stupid shit like games and music so one hard drive really kinda goes to waste, if you have really important documents I'd understand, except for the fact that you already have a SECOND pair of hard drives doing the exact same thing, so again they made you pay up the ass for something unecessary and very expensive... Im guessing at least at least $3k in this rig right?
no. that rig cost him 5k +, the parts cost 2.5k alone minimum, and i'm guessing

LOL@3k. From the verbiage of the invoice I can tell they're mickey mousing for extra dough. Like:

"1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction ( Advanced - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System )

1 PowerDrive ( PowerDrive Level 3 - Up to 30% Overclocking )

1 x Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis )"

When I used to build custom computers I would put some exaggerations on the invoice but I can't think of whoppers like this--this is why I didn't make it as a computer geek.

Anyway it sounds like needto has plenty of money so it's no big deal.

Yeah, two GPUs, each should be able to drive at least two monitors. Each has 3GB of memory so I reckon they shouldn't have a problem running those 52 inchers at an appropriate resolution.

I did see the RAID 1 and think that's going to slow things down but nan pointed out they're SSDs. If I had that much money to play with I'd set up at least one drive letter to be running on a RAID 0 just for giggles but I have not used one of the new generation SSDs to know if that renders the performance issue moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom