Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Build Muscle/Tone??????

tan27

What is the difference between doing straight sets and pyramiding?

I still want to build my upper body, but I don't want to build the lower half. I want to have more definition in my legs etc...

Right now I'm doing straights sets of 3 reps of 10 each on pretty high weights, how do I tone; lower weight higher reps or forget about it and get as big as I can???

Tto me, it doesnt matter if I want to gain muscle or lose fat, the workout stays the same, only thing that changes for me is diet. You workout to stimulate the muscle to grow, the diet is what takes care of how much muscle is grown and how much fat is gained or loss. Your diet is your most important part of working out. In my opionion of course :)

"I still want to build my upper body, but I don't want to build the lower half. I want to have more definition in my legs etc... "

Sounds like the excuse that most young guys have for not squatting. You know the type, skinny f'in legs hiding behind the corner of the bar so you can only see their arms and chest. Kinda looks like a flock of birds on a wire.

Why don't you post a pic of your legs Tan. I have a feeling I know what's coming. Just went through this with a couple of clients.

Tone?

W6

tan27 said:
Right now I'm doing straights sets of 3 reps of 10 each on pretty high weights, how do I tone; lower weight higher reps or forget about it and get as big as I can???

Forget about it all and get as big as you can ....grow girl grow ;)

I don't have a picture of my legs, not at this time at least, just for your information, I'm female and don't have any trouble doing squats or showing my legs.

I need help in knowing what to do???

Hello all, I am in a similar situation. I need more mass on my upper body, specifically I need to widen my upper back and side delts. And I have been told by personal trainers and other bodybuilders who have seen me in person and in photos that I have enough muscle mass on my lower body so I just need to lose the body fat to get the definition. So I have been working my upper body specifically to build mass but have been doing circuit type training on my lower body. I am on a strict cutting diet, ratios 225gP/98gC/94gF and on leg day I do something like this: 10 min on elliptical trainer, then I go do 4 sets of stiff legged deadlifts, then 10 more min of cardio, then I do a set of 15 lunges, then to either a lying squat machine or sometimes I'll do the leg press, then leg abductor, then leg extensions, 10 more min of cardio and so on. I go thru the machines 3 or 4 times for 15 reps. Previously I was just doing your normal leg routine, squats, leg press, etc. So my question is, and especially after reading this thread. Am I going about this right? Everyone shoot me their opinions, especially if you were in a similar situation, let me know what worked for you and what not, thanks!

Top Bottom