Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bicep pain - lowering barbel on benchpress

zipzopzippity

As I am lowering the bar to my chest, my right bicep has a pinching pain in it, but then feels fine when I push the weight back up. Pull ups, rows, well anything except OH and bench presses feel fine.

I did a little reading before posting and it sounds like a wear n tear issue on the tendons, so laying off anything that hurts it is my best bet. It seems like my bicep hurts from stabilizing the weight during the negative only, so I can pry still use hammer strength machines to keep my upper body pressing active.

Anyway, anyone have any experience with this?

5'11, 215 lbs, 27 yrs old, pain felt first time today during my usual 8 rep bench press at 225 lbs

Yep.Sure did. Same place had to back off bench for months to let it heal., So just did other exercises around it.
And amazing enough it did heal.

This happened to a buddy and I think he did alot of hammer curls to try to fix it. Not sure if its true

This has happened to me also. Mine was caused by straining the bicep during a dl. When I benched two days later I got a sharp pain in my bicep while warming up with 315. It felt like my bicep was going to tear off. It only hurt when I did bench. It didn't hurt at all doing rows. So I layed off heavy benching that week and did ultra light db press. Then the week after I did close grip board press. The week after that I was able to do my normal grip off a 1 board heavy, and by the next week went back to a full Rom. Just let it heal and do stuff that doesn't irritate it. For me the close grip off of boards was painless. You may also try machines if that's painless for you. But to minimize loss and possibly improve bench strength, work the tris hard. They are the most essential component to a big bench.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using EliteFitness

Top Bottom