Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AS related acne question

wyst

I've looked on the boards, but I couldn't find this one particularly answered:

If you pick up acne from AS (including cystic acne) is this one of the sides that you're stuck with forever, or does it tend to subside eventually a while after you go off your cycle?

Wyst

Hey wyst, have you ever thought about posting this to the Anabolic Board? There is alot of info over there that can help you.:)

Great -- good to hear!

Thanks bikinimom.

Yes NubianBeauty, I have thought of posting there, but they don't seem particularly friendly to women over there. Sometimes I'm in the mood for posting threre, sometimes not.

Wyst

Yes, is does clear up eventually. I still have some of mine from way back in June, but it's finally going away after a visit to the dermatoligist. I tried everyhtring but I think I was irritating it more so of course I broke out more.

He recommended to wash my face with baby shampoo and of course gave me some topical and antibiotics to take.

Ive tried a few things for my break outs, believe it or not Oxypads and shower gel are working for me.........guess you have to try different things and see what works for you.
Thanks CherryPie for the baby shampoo idea.

Very cool

Thanks for all the answers, everybody, very encouraging.

Natglutes -- where've you been? Haven't seen you on here in a while. Hope everything's okay -- I missing reading all your updates!

Wyst

Wyst,

I've had a problem with acne most of my adult life (and I haven't used any AS). It was pretty bad about 12 years ago -cystic acne (the really big zits) and I went on Accutane. That worked wonders and kept me zit free about 5 years. After that I just had periodic flair ups.

Just this past year it started to get bad enough that I was considering the Accutane again. I've used every acne rememdy known to dermatologists (oral and topical).

It was from this board that I learned about Pantothenic Acid, which is actually vitamin B5. I decided to give it a try, because the side effects of Accutane are pretty bad.

Once I got my dosage high enough, IT WORKED! Currently I use about 8 grams a day, broken down into smaller doses throughout the day. I was very lucky to find a store that stocks the 1000mg pills (1000mg = 1 gram), so I don't have to take so many pills.

My skin has never been better. There is not a zit on it! :D It's certainly worth a try. Read this very informative post by Jakethemus for more info on B5 and why it works:

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11795&highlight=Pantothenic+acid

:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom