Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AS related acne question

FF -- very cool! I'll give it a try now, cos I already get flare-ups.

About the accutane -- how bad were your sides from that. I had a gf who took it, and her hair got really thin. A lot of it came back after, but not all. I'm a little worried about nuking my hair with AS and accutane at the same time. I guess I could take the accutane after though...

Wyst

Wyst,

The side effects I got from Accutane were EXTREME skin dryness, both inside and out. I'd itch all over my body, the corners of my lips were always cracked and bleeding, my nose felt so dry inside I was always having to dab A & D ointment up in there with Q-tips. I don't remember any hair loss, but my scalp definitely itched. Sometimes I would ache all over.

When I did Accutane, it was done for a 5 month cycle. You had to have a blood test every few weeks to check your liver. Then you had to stay off for a certain period before going on again if you needed it. One cycle worked for me, but it really is a VERY strong drug.

bumpity bump bump and red fitfossils post........along with her hyperlink to the thread on pantothenic acid.

Question ::::: Where do you get this stuff????

THX :)

tripleV said:
bumpity bump bump and red fitfossils post........along with her hyperlink to the thread on pantothenic acid.

Question ::::: Where do you get this stuff????

THX :)

Guess I never really answered the "where" :eek:

You can get it anywhere you get other vitamins. I get mine at a local natural foods grocery, because it's the only place I've found the 1000mg pills. I get my flaxoil there too. It's in the section with the other B vitamins. Usually the label will say Pantothenic acid-B5.

Thanks for the info, FF -- didn't see your answer til now, I am such a space case sometimes! Much appreciated.

:p

Wyst

tripleV said:
thank you sweetie! :) And what proactiv products r u using???

Not sure if you're asking me...:)

I haven't used ProActive. I did order something else off the tele -can remember what it was called, but Pat Boone was pushing it. It did not work for me. They gave me a refund.

I have read other posts on the board about Proactiv and people do seem to like it, so it might be worth a shot for you.

Hi FF, did the B5 clear up old acne scars, or just prevents new breakouts? I ask because I have acne scars on my back that I need to get rid of and I've tried Cocoa butter, but it hasn't worked.:(

NubianBeauty said:
Hi FF, did the B5 clear up old acne scars, or just prevents new breakouts? I ask because I have acne scars on my back that I need to get rid of and I've tried Cocoa butter, but it hasn't worked.:(

The B5 mostly helps prevent new acne. It also makes the pores smaller. As far as existing scars, if you mean scars like pitting, it's probably not much help for that if any. For small pitting, I've had good results from microdemabrasion and glycolic acid (or similar) peels.

Of course even with those, the improvement is gradual, because each time you do it only takes off a few layers of skin. If you have some really deep pits, you might want to look into the real dermabrasion, laser resurfacing or a stronger peel.

If your scars are just flat red spots left after the zit pops, the B5 does seem to help that - I think the B5 sort of speeds up the healing process.

Top Bottom