Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are calve muscles really THAT different from other bodyparts. full body workouts ect.

Hmm...you might be on to something.

nclifter's secrets to weight training success:

1. Eat less than the average teenage girl.
2. Do full body, high-volume workouts twice a day, every day.

After all, he IS 6'6" 240 after a mere 8 years of training. Nc do you realize you're trying to GAIN MUSCLE while eating only 5 times your bodyweight in calories? Hell most never go under 12 times, and that's when they're CUTTING.

Hmm well back to the question about training calves differentely and what not. I have heard the old "high reps.....feel the burn arrrrrghhh" for calves and I have tried TONS of variations of high rep work, and for ME I didnt see much growth. My chest, arms, back, quads, bi's, tri's, etc. have all grown quite well off of heavy weights and rather low reps. I treat my calves the same way now, and they respond to it.

Calves differ greatly from other bodyparts not due to physiology but to stress load. Since they have a small amount of ROM and are under continuous tension throughout the day. and have adapted to this stimuli, they need to be trained differently. By placing heavy weight and getting full stretch in the motion one calves should grow due to the fact that in normal day life one walks without really getting full rom of calves. By using heavy weight you can create the needed stimulus for calves to grow since they have a greater stimulus threshold than other muscles.

As for fat people, much of the size has to due with adema and poor ciculation in there legs, plus if I weighed over 300 I think my calves would get a lot of shock value when I got of my ass to go to the frig.

if someone was to add 70lbs to each arm they would damage almost every muscle fiber they had along with their tendons and ligaments due to rotational force and lack of adjustment period.

under continuous tension throughout the day. and have adapted to this stimuli, they need to be trained differently. By placing heavy weight and getting full stretch in the motion one calves should grow due to the fact that in normal day life one walks without really getting full rom of calves.

You hit the nail on the head. Calves really respond well to big weights in a stretched position.

-casualbb

i think calves are just like forearms, gotta train the shit out of them to get them to grow because they are more dense and only respond well to certain movements.

Personally, i think the whole leg complex is 'different' to our upper bodies in how it reacts to exercise.

And yes NC, there is definitely plenty of proof to say that highly repetitive exercise wil increase muscle mass in the legs and not decrease it.

The example i point you to is professional cyclists. They have some of the most muscular legs of any sportsmen at a very low BF% , yet they do thousands of kilometeres a week on their bikes as training.

To a bodybuilder it would be severe overtraining, yet these guys have very strong and muscular legs, so obviously 'overtraining' in this instance is not harming their muscle growth or maintenance to any great degree.

It's a very complex issue.

My calves grew the most when i was 240, and walked 1 hour to work everyday.

nothing else was done. (except slight involvement in deep squats)

Top Bottom