Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here using intermittent fasting or alternate day fasting?

Jennafox

I posted this in a thread about IF but haven't gotten any response. Thought I would post here to see if there are any ladies enjoying success with it, thoughts on it?

I started a version of the alternate day method today. I plan to fast until dinner, eat a dinner of 450 cal or less, & eat normally tomorrow. I have completed long fasts before (30 days water only) for spiritual and health reasons. I felt great afterward. My goal is to finish losing the weight I need to lose and keep it off. I think that one of the afore-mentioned plans will work. Have you come across any reasons to avoid the "up day, down day" / alternate day method? I was thinking about trying this method because with our weird schedules (my husband works graves) it seems to be the best fit.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject. I am planning to start more consistent weight training starting this week. I was also wondering if katanadrol & epi strong are still good to take while employing this kind of eating plan. Those are the 2 supps I use (other than protein & multi vitamins, etc) when I do choose to supplement. I also use fat burners sometimes, would be interested in knowing if there is one that you recommend above others. Thanks again!

Hey girl. I have just the person to help you. Gonna get him over here, he's the IF guru around here

I posted this in a thread about IF but haven't gotten any response. Thought I would post here to see if there are any ladies enjoying success with it, thoughts on it?

I started a version of the alternate day method today. I plan to fast until dinner, eat a dinner of 450 cal or less, & eat normally tomorrow. I have completed long fasts before (30 days water only) for spiritual and health reasons. I felt great afterward. My goal is to finish losing the weight I need to lose and keep it off. I think that one of the afore-mentioned plans will work. Have you come across any reasons to avoid the "up day, down day" / alternate day method? I was thinking about trying this method because with our weird schedules (my husband works graves) it seems to be the best fit.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject. I am planning to start more consistent weight training starting this week. I was also wondering if katanadrol & epi strong are still good to take while employing this kind of eating plan. Those are the 2 supps I use (other than protein & multi vitamins, etc) when I do choose to supplement. I also use fat burners sometimes, would be interested in knowing if there is one that you recommend above others. Thanks again!

Sorry I missed your post in my intermittent fasting thread, because I've been on vacation for a while and just got back late last night and hadn't seen it yet.

ADF is a very popular form of IF, and is very effective. I have personally have never done it, but have spoken with many that have. The 16 hour fast and 8 hour feed works very well into the schedule for most people including myself and appeals more to the masses for obvious reasons.

With that said I'm not exactly sure how everything is structured with ADF. I do know it involves a much larger feeding on the fed days obviously because of the extreme calorie and glycogen depleted State your body will be in at that time. Just from a guessing standpoint, your feeding days would probably have to be at 170%-220% of your daily maintenance caloric and macro targets (under 200% for cutting, and over 200% for gaining), but that's a lot of guessing on my part. I know there are books out there like eat,stop,eat and others that explore ADF so that may be something you would want to look into if you are seriously considering it.

No problem, I thought maybe the thread had just fizzled out. Thanks!

Psizzle - thanks for helping out. :)

Last edited:
No problem girl. That's what I'm here for. If you need anything else don't hesitate. Good luck!

I run IF the leangains way. Love it. I've made more gains in the past 2 years then I did running a 6x a day eating plan and stayed much leaner. Also made cutting much easier as I was able to keep my cals and carbs pretty high. I'm not too familiar with the plan you mentioned but I second the rec for Eat Stop Eat. If I can help any, let me know :)

Top Bottom