Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anthony Ogogo's fitness tips

lnjimei

Banned
Anthony Ogogo is a Team GB hopeful and international boxer, he is super fit and is sharing his secrets with you.

He is working with the SUBWAY® brand on the Train Hard. Eat Fresh™ campaign to encourage an active lifestyle.

He joins other sporting greats as a SUBWAY® Famous Fan. Whether in training or taking a rest day, there's a Sub on the menu to fuel everyone's day

I stop training approximately three days before an event. To mentally prepare I have to completely step away; overtraining can be just as harmful as undertraining! Make sure you give yourself rest days so that your body can recover. It is during these rest periods that muscles are repaired and become bigger and stronger. Too little rest between workouts means your muscles won’t have fully recovered and you might struggle more in the next session.
Keep your body guessing: push yourself every session with goals – whether it be sit ups, press ups, how long you spend on running , try and increase the amount you do every time, even by just 1 minute or hold a move for longer. This will ensure that your body is constantly surprised and pushed. The adrenalin I get when I achieve something I didn’t realise I can do is second to none!
Mix up your routine to ensure you don’t get bored. Speed is really important to boxing and developing quick, controlled footwork is vital. I mix up cardio training by using a skipping rope, running machine, shadow boxing and exercise bike and when it’s warm I head to my local park.
Don’t let a bad day throw you off course for long. It can be really demotivating and frustrating but everyone has bad days, learn to bounce back! I find that the best thing to do is to stop training for the day and go and do something completely different, such as a trip to the cinema with the boys and grabbing a bite to eat with mates – whenever we go to the cinema we stop of at our local Subway store to pick up a Footlong Chicken Breast Sub – low fat and full of protein. When I come back to training the next day my mind feels much fresher and ready to tackle the challenge again.
Incorporate exercise into your everyday life, not just during your gym session! Exercising should be a way of life, try to take the stairs more often, walk to a bus stop slightly further away, when you’re sitting down, engage your abs and pull your stomach in – you’ll be surprised by how much it all helps!

^^ What he said. Subway is pretty worthless as a meal for me anyway. Is it really healthy? Compared to Mc D's or Burger King maybe but it's still trash food...

^^^ tell me about it, when i even walk by the place the smell makes me ill.. the bread they use is extremely unhealthy for a bodybuilder, its all sugar. and the cold cuts are full of salt. its probably very slightly healthier than mcd's but i make my own subs with real ingredients and its 10X better.

Top Bottom