Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another diet post

Wraith

Is this diet close?
I am 31 yo
18% bf
195lbs
5'11"
Want to get to at least 12% bf but would love 8 or 9. Here is a typical day for me:
1)1 whole egg, 5 whites
2)1 serving plain oatmeal with 1 scoop whey protein
3)Lunch varies, chicken or tuna, wheat bread and veggies
4)MRP Shake
5)Chicken, tuna or sometimes steak
Sometimes I will have some fiber if I feel hungry or bloated before bed. Also take multi V and B complex.
I lift 4 days week but don't do cardio right now, but prolly will. Been on this diet about 6 weeks, havent lost any lbs but look leaner in the mirror. Any suggestions or criticism welcome.
Thanks

Dear Wraith,

Your are 195lb at 18%bf w/ the below diet that you have listed...I have ballparked your calorie intake to be around (assuming 6oz chicken breast + 1slice wheat bread) 1400-1500. However, your BMR is 195 x 11= 2145cal...so you are way below your BMR as it seems.
Now, your protein intake is around, 150-170 g protein, which is definitely is NOT enough protein to keep up your lean muscle mass while dieting.
Please, remember that I am assuming all these amounts from what you have listed in the below diet, if I am wrong please correct me. But, for now, I will use my assumption as a basis for the rest of my response.

First, you need to add more lean protein and cut out bread and MRP (because my personal belief is that a real meal is way better for your body and diet). Instead of the MRP have something like brown rice w/ a 6oz turkey breast or chicken breast. As for cutting out the bread, it's because bread is not a good source of carbohydrates in my view. Try, instead of bread, a sweet potato, yam and just add more veggies. As far as increasing protein intake, you can do simple things like add maybe 5 more egg whites in the morning, and/or add 1 more scoop of protein to the oatmeal. Be creative.
---try to get at least 1.5g-2.0g protein per lb------
I would also recommend that you add another meal: meal 6 where you have, for example, 1 can tuna with 1 tbsp Flaxseed oil.
-----------------------
1)1 whole egg, 5 whites
2)1 serving plain oatmeal with 1 scoop whey protein
3)Lunch varies, chicken or tuna, wheat bread and veggies
4)MRP Shake
5)Chicken, tuna or sometimes steak
-------------------------
He who listens with stalwartly, shal't be the one to ameliorate the most.
My 2cents
Mr.X:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the help Mr.X. Taking time out of your day to answer my post is very much appreciated - Thank you.

Ok, add meal #6 tuna with flax - will do that
no bread, add sweet pots - will do that
I hate to cut out the MRP, so darn convenient. But I will try.

Going to Food World tomorrow so I will add some items to my list.

Dear Wraith,

Don't worry, I live on this board..LOL...I love to share knowledge and educate...
Now, just to comment on your MRP shake: you can make your own 'MRP'. You can goto your local Max Muscle and get what's called High 5, it contains all '5' protein, i.e. whey, milk, egg , soy, csn... It's an awesome product, and with this you can get Carbo Max (it's a clean natural carb derived from 'complex carb sources' + it's tasteless and no sugar). Mix the High 5 and Carbo Max and drink it right after your workout. You'll get awesome results. (no more then 1/4 cup of carbo max a day...1/4 cup=27carbs, 1 g sugar) However, I personally think a real meal like a chicken breast and some rice or sweet potato will do way more, but that's just my view.
YOU CAN ALSO TRY: www.proteinfactory.com
that place is cheap and quality but too confusing
OR you can just be creative and figure out your own way of making a 'MRP'
***--- (I am in NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM promoting them, but I've seen good products there) ---
Tiss he who is creative, is'h the one to achieve personal satisfaction.
My 2cents
Mr.X:cool:

Wraith,

These folks know what they're talking about with diet. And if you're looking leaner in the mirror, pants are looser, etc, yet you haven't lost weight it just means that you've gained muscle and lost fat (which is what just about everyone on these boards is trying to do). Muscle weighs a lot more than fat--fat weighs less than water does.

I didn't metion it because this is a diet board, but I am using a little Deca to get away with cutting cals to low. (200mg week 1-9) I know about T3 and Clen but don't want to use them just yet. So I apologize if what I said was misleading, I shouldn't have even mentioned the look leaner part. Prolly due to water retension and pump.

Dear Wraith,

Personally, I believe that Deca-Durabolin : (nandrolone decanate) is a feasible 'supplement' while trying to lean out. Not only because it causes low-water retention (at low doses); also, because it has very low to nonexistent side effects.
WARNING: if you use Deca for TOO LONG your will develop the condition called (in bodybuilding),
"DECA-DICK"=which is basically a fact that it's hard/ to near impossible > to "GET IT UP."
REMEMBER: Board Members remember to do as much research as possible before using 'gear'.
The one who learns the most, shald'b the one to come out on top.
My 2cents
Mr.X
:cool:

Thanx,
Yeah I know about the possibility of the dreaded deca dick. I aint gettin any right now anyhow but so far no problems. Deca wouldn't be my first choice for cutting, just a lil left over and decided to use it because of the low occurance of sides especially at the low dose I am using. I got some stuff to add to my diet this week, was going to get sweet pots in a can but they are all packed is syrup? Guess I will have to cook em. Is a half of one a good serving amount?
Thanks

Top Bottom