Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I being an ass w/ my wife?

It probably takes more energy to argue about it than it would be to just do it. If it was me, I would clean the dishes, go workout and then talk to my husband about it. I find that blowing small things out of proportion is indicative of a larger problem. I am sure it is not just about the dishes. Just my own meandering 1/2 cent.

Cheers,

Mickey

cindylou said:
I dont think most women mind doing domestic chores ; as alot of us enjoy doing them

I think we begin to resent our men when its EXPECTED of us.
I fucking hate it. I'm serious. I really, really hate it. I hate doing the dishes, I hate doing laundry, I hate folding clothes, I hate cleaning in any of its myriad manifestations. And I hate the fact that if I don't do this shit, it doesn't get done.

And if I say something to my husband he feels badly because he just doesn't SEE the shit to do it, or he thinks of doing it when it's too late to take care of the problem (ADD bless is scattered little brain).

As you said, there's a difference between a guy who zones out on shit (my husband), and a guy who EXPECTS the "woman to do it." Then you're getting into the "I'm the King of this Castle" bullshit that is just uncalled for.

Creepusmaximus said:
When my wife was really prego she said "just throw a sheet over me". LOL. She was doggie style and her belly was touching the bed. From behind it really doesn't look that bad. Missionary is out of the question unless you stand up while she's laying down.
having the woman lie on her side and the man from behind seems the easiest for both parties...lol.

abolish the weak said:
wife and I get into a blowout fight earlier. It started because she was bitching about the dishes I left in the sink. I work a job that requires me to be gone 2-3 days out of the week, and on the side I am trying to build up a small business. She works 15-20 hrs/wk at some half ass job as an assistant to some realtor, obviously isn't that busy since she calls me about 3x within the 3-4 hrs she has to work each morning. Well, I've tried to make it clear several times that if she is content with making jack shit and being home all the time then I don't give a fuck if the mess is mine or not, she cleans it. I run on empty a lot, often sleep deprived. I try to take care of the financial end of things, I dont give a fuck if all the dishes are mine, she's doing em!! And when she wants to go get a real f/t job maybe I'll start doing more. Am I wrong guys?

Yup. You are wrong.
I know how you are feeling though.
You work a lot and just want to throw you hands in the air.
You are warn out bro!

I agree wholeheartedly with muscle mom, cindy, and mickey.

As an aside, I HATE cleaning floors, bathrooms, etc. However, I do tend to dote on a man in the kitchen. I love to cook and clear the dishes and take care of that. However, have a man go off the handle like that because I ask him to put his plate in the dishwasher or have him give me an attitude like he expects me to always do it, and he is going to be going through the drive up window from then on...lol.

I used to cook elaborate meals for my ex-bf and he would pour a drink, lolly gag around, etc and not eat them for several hours. I would try to keep them warm. He wouldn't eat until 10 or 11 at night. So, I cut it out. I just stopped and wouldn't cook anymore. If he doesn't appreciate it, I'm not doing it.

heatherrae said:
I agree wholeheartedly with muscle mom, cindy, and mickey.

As an aside, I HATE cleaning floors, bathrooms, etc. However, I do tend to dote on a man in the kitchen. I love to cook and clear the dishes and take care of that. However, have a man go off the handle like that because I ask him to put his plate in the dishwasher or have him give me an attitude like he expects me to always do it, and he is going to be going through the drive up window from then on...lol.

I used to cook elaborate meals for my ex-bf and he would pour a drink, lolly gag around, etc and not eat them for several hours. I would try to keep them warm. He wouldn't eat until 10 or 11 at night. So, I cut it out. I just stopped and wouldn't cook anymore. If he doesn't appreciate it, I'm not doing it.

OMG you just stirred some anger inside me.

I take (took) the time to make nice dinners and I would end up eating them alone. Now he just is on his own, and every time I dont cook I feel robbed of something I want to do for him ; but he just cant seem to appreciate it which makes me feel worse, so I just dont do it. You'd think his mother would have taught him the common manners that when a woman makes dinner, you sit down and eat it.

Reactions: jh1
abolish the weak said:
wife and I get into a blowout fight earlier. It started because she was bitching about the dishes I left in the sink. I work a job that requires me to be gone 2-3 days out of the week, and on the side I am trying to build up a small business. She works 15-20 hrs/wk at some half ass job as an assistant to some realtor, obviously isn't that busy since she calls me about 3x within the 3-4 hrs she has to work each morning. Well, I've tried to make it clear several times that if she is content with making jack shit and being home all the time then I don't give a fuck if the mess is mine or not, she cleans it. I run on empty a lot, often sleep deprived. I try to take care of the financial end of things, I dont give a fuck if all the dishes are mine, she's doing em!! And when she wants to go get a real f/t job maybe I'll start doing more. Am I wrong guys?

I didnt read the thread.

YOU are 100% CORRECT, unless you made other agreement before you moved in together.

heatherrae said:
So, I cut it out. I just stopped and wouldn't cook anymore. If he doesn't appreciate it, I'm not doing it.

I'm with you on this one. I never feel appreciated!

Top Bottom