Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A shout out to my fellow lurkers!

curvymommy

Cuddle Club
Platinum
Curvymommy's Transformation 1/14-4/7

Hey Everyone!

I love the inspiration of the EF forums but have really fallen into lurk mode here due to a crazy inferiority complex that comes over me for some reason! Well, I have decided not to be overcome by fear but instead to give a shout out to any "non-elite" hard body wannabe's like me! When rubbing cyber-shoulders with all of the elite fitness hotties it is easy to feel intimidated just like when you first start going to the gym.

I posted a couple months ago about being in a year-long contract at one of those "Curves" type places. Anyway, sooo...here's an update! The owner was a real sweetie and let me off the hook. I even offered to cash out of my contract and she just let me be done with it about 8 months early!
I think she could see that I was really serious about getting in shape and that I needed a real gym with real weights ect. That gym woulda been awesome when I was 250 pounds but now that I have lost a hundred of that I needed more.

Two weeks ago I joined a brand new gym. It's a new $17 Million gym and I am a "charter member" and get free child care for a year two hrs a day for my two dk's. So, I have been going 6 days a week. It is really fun seeing results. I have a vein popping out on my forehead I have never seen before. Freaky.

So, now I am starting a 12 week stint to whoop my ass into the best shape I have ever been in and am so excited about it. I am really sore now and am not sure how hard I should be working out but am using some of the stuff I have learned on here as well as planning every morsel of food and every workout the night before. My workouts have been awesome. I have been doing those rotating stairs as well as lunges, ect. My eating had been jacked up though until a week ago. I took my before photos. Wow, freaky fun that was!

Anyway, I am 5'5'' and about a size 12/14 but who really knows because I am a stay-at-home mom (trophy-wife MILF in training, LOL). Right now I live in stretchy GAP yoga suits so I have no clue what real size I wear in jeans. My goal is to buy some designer jeans and actually look good in them.

Right now this is what I do:

Monday: Upper Body (I use free weights)
Tuesday: Hard Cardio on rotating stair machine
Wed: Lower Body/abs (a couple machines and lunges)
Thurs: Hard Cardio on rotating stair machine
Friday: Upper Body
Saturday: Hard Cardio and Yoga
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Lower Body/abs
Repeat...

This is what I eat:

6 small meals consisting of one portion of one of the following:
chicken breast, turkey breast, tuna, fish, cottage cheese (low fat), buffalo, lean beef.

combined with one portion of one of these carbs:
red potato, sweet potato, barley, brown rice, steel cut oats w/protein powder to sweeten, whole grain bread (sparingly), quionoa, or couscous

Also, to at least two of the meals I eat any of the clean veggies I want to. Like steamed spiniach, kale, broccoli, salad with balsamic vinegar, lemon or lime juice, olice oil, ect...

Taking my vitamins, trying to quit drinking so much freaking coffee. I like cream in it and this is not allowed on my program. I am following Bill Phillips' Body For Life book.

Oh well, there is my re-intro. More to come later!

Last edited:
So good to hear from you! Thanks for the details and that's great you're in a 'real' gym. I am in a 1/2 and 1/2 gym -- not fantastic but it has the basics. I can't quite afford a real one yet but soon.

You can SOOO do this! Don't get unmotivated as it is so easy to do on the hard days where your mood takes over. I tend to do that myself. Us ladies...we self-sabatage ourselves sometimes. I too drink coffee in the morning most days and I like cream and shouldn't...but I use a light 5% cream and let myself have it for now. Closer to goal when I need to tweak a bit more I will cut it. (Plus I don't need to have it everyday. Some days I start with green tea)

I think one mistake (at least for me) that can happen is I get bored with the food being chicken/veg. chicken/sweet potato tuna salad shake, etc...there is so much food on that healthy choices/clean food list and we can mix and match and add spices for flavor.

Keep going -- and keep me posted! :Chef:
curvymommy said:
Hey Everyone!

I love the inspiration of the EF forums but have really fallen into lurk mode here due to a crazy inferiority complex that comes over me for some reason! Well, I have decided not to be overcome by fear but instead to give a shout out to any "non-elite" hard body wannabe's like me! When rubbing cyber-shoulders with all of the elite fitness hotties it is easy to feel intimidated just like when you first start going to the gym.

I posted a couple months ago about being in a year-long contract at one of those "Curves" type places. Anyway, sooo...here's an update! The owner was a real sweetie and let me off the hook. I even offered to cash out of my contract and she just let me be done with it about 8 months early!
I think she could see that I was really serious about getting in shape and that I needed a real gym with real weights ect. That gym woulda been awesome when I was 250 pounds but now that I have lost a hundred of that I needed more.

Two weeks ago I joined a brand new gym. It's a new $17 Million gym and I am a "charter member" and get free child care for a year two hrs a day for my two dk's. So, I have been going 6 days a week. It is really fun seeing results. I have a vein popping out on my forehead I have never seen before. Freaky.

So, now I am starting a 12 week stint to whoop my ass into the best shape I have ever been in and am so excited about it. I am really sore now and am not sure how hard I should be working out but am using some of the stuff I have learned on here as well as planning every morsel of food and every workout the night before. My workouts have been awesome. I have been doing those rotating stairs as well as lunges, ect. My eating had been jacked up though until a week ago. I took my before photos. Wow, freaky fun that was!

Anyway, I am 5'5'' and about a size 12/14 but who really knows because I am a stay-at-home mom (trophy-wife MILF in training, LOL). Right now I live in stretchy GAP yoga suits so I have no clue what real size I wear in jeans. My goal is to buy some designer jeans and actually look good in them.

Right now this is what I do:

Monday: Upper Body (I use free weights)
Tuesday: Hard Cardio on rotating stair machine
Wed: Lower Body/abs (a couple machines and lunges)
Thurs: Hard Cardio on rotating stair machine
Friday: Upper Body
Saturday: Hard Cardio and Yoga
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Lower Body/abs
Repeat...

This is what I eat:

6 small meals consisting of one portion of one of the following:
chicken breast, turkey breast, tuna, fish, cottage cheese (low fat), buffalo, lean beef.

combined with one portion of one of these carbs:
red potato, sweet potato, barley, brown rice, steel cut oats w/protein powder to sweeten, whole grain bread (sparingly), quionoa, or couscous

Also, to at least two of the meals I eat any of the clean veggies I want to. Like steamed spiniach, kale, broccoli, salad with balsamic vinegar, lemon or lime juice, olice oil, ect...

Taking my vitamins, trying to quit drinking so much freaking coffee. I like cream in it and this is not allowed on my program. I am following Bill Phillips' Body For Life book.

Oh well, there is my re-intro. More to come later!

Gymgurl said:
Welcome to EF....again LOL....Glad your back in the gym...awesome!

HA! Thanks! I just got back from there. If there was a headline for the day it would be:

Molly's a Freak Show Fool During Cardio & Doesn't Care Who Gawks!

I had a really intense cardio session that went on for 30 minuets. I was slinging sweat and water all over the place. I even accidentally spit a little. There were so many people there strolling along on treadmills at a granny pace that I stuck out like a sore thumb but that's OK. Had to get it knocked out and back home before the babies woke up!

All in all...it really kicked my butt and my upper body is sore today. When putting on deoderant I could really feel some different muscles under there. Oddly facinating this thing called my body... :)

Thank you for posting this thread ma'am.

I know that there are A LOT of you lurkers out there who feel intimidated to post up and I am telling ya'll... DON'T BE!!!

This board belongs to you just as much as it does those that are hard-core competitors and those of us "used-to-coulds" (like myself LOL).

Please, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST POST POST, SHARE, SHARE, SHARE and then POST SOME MORE!!!

Ask questions. WE LOVE QUESTIONS!... Read, digest and share.

Sorry that I've not been around much but I have a new job that requires a lot of my time and until we move and I get my own office I don't have a lot of privacy. By the time I get home after my commute I am lucky if I have the energy to make it to the gym so posting up unfortunately for now is falling on the wayside.

Glad to hear of your progress CurvyMommy! It always gives me tremendous pleasure to hear of women succeeding in reaching their personal fitness goals! :)

I would also like to hear from more women.

I would love it if more women would realise how simple it is to transform their bodies to the one they have always wanted.

Once you get there, it is easy to maintain. It is just not that easy to get there though, that does take some work and dedication.

I may be one of those hard core competitive BBers, but I had to start somewhere too.

I have also been a very chubby girl a few times in my life, so I also know how difficult it can be to lose all that fat.

I also know that I wasted time on ineffective workouts, and that I have also been quite lucky that I started weight training quite young and I didn't go for those silly fad diets.

Thanks everyone. I am on my way out to the gym pretty soon and will post my progress when I get back. I am doing fine with my diet. But it is HARD right now. I have been ravenously hungry and the pre-schooler snacks keep calling my name but I haven't caved.

Lastnight I tried grilled sweet potato as someone here suggested and and it was so good!

More later! Thanks so much for the kind words everyone.

Ha! I just came out of lurkdom as well - your post sounds very similar to mine! I am also on a 12 week program, so it's nice to know there is someone else starting out with me.

You sound like you know what you're doing and your plan looks great! I'm envious of your "real gym". Congrats on getting back into the swing of things!

Top Bottom