Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A question that, quite possibly, answers itself

It's HORMONES I tell yaz... all hormones.

If it weren't for hormones we wouldn't care too much about what is between our own damned legs past the point of urination and a few other bodily functions, let alone caring about what is between the legs of others.

Wow, I didn't realize that being in love with a man had to be directly related to sleeping with him. Now I'm all confoosed.

dirty~d~ said:
Wow, I didn't realize that being in love with a man had to be directly related to sleeping with him. Now I'm all confoosed.

So we aren't talking about passion?

I never really thought of becoming a fool for the love of my father/brother/nephew (don't have a son)/my fellow man (as in standing up for the civil rights of others, etc) as being something that one would be willing to be a fool for.... Doing ANYTHING for the love of these relationships, I feel, is NOT foolish.

... but that is only my .02

So then please clarify. Are we talking about eros, philos or agape?

Last edited:
I "grew" to love my man... we've been together 3 years.... he started me in weight training.... he's my main training partner, my biggest fan, and (unlike the last relationship) we have not fought ONCE. Sure... i get hormonal, he gets grumpy... but because he has had failed marriages... he's learned what mistakes HE made with his previous wives.... and has strived to change himself. he tells me this... I certainly don't try to change him... he's older than I, and I learn SO MUCH all the time.... a plethora of knowledge, experience, understanding and support. So far... so good on the love front here...HAHAHAHA

S

LadyRaptor said:
I "grew" to love my man... we've been together 3 years.... he started me in weight training.... he's my main training partner, my biggest fan, and (unlike the last relationship) we have not fought ONCE. Sure... i get hormonal, he gets grumpy... but because he has had failed marriages... he's learned what mistakes HE made with his previous wives.... and has strived to change himself. he tells me this... I certainly don't try to change him... he's older than I, and I learn SO MUCH all the time.... a plethora of knowledge, experience, understanding and support. So far... so good on the love front here...HAHAHAHA

S

Oh I hear you on the "gowing to love" him thing. My husband is so cute... He always says that he loved me before we actually met, silly man. Whereas I did not fall completely and passionately in love with him until we were married for bout 6 months or so I'd say. I had a tremendous amount of respect for him. I trusted him implicetly and I have ALWAYS genuinely LIKED him. But the love stuff... that is a continuing process. We have been through an unbelievably crazy time (outside forces) and have come along better and stronger - united front.

He is THE FIRST MAN that saw me for more than "just an entertaining piece of ass" and invested all of his energy and caring to help me become who I am today... because of this he has my undying devotion.

BIKINIMOM said:
He is THE FIRST MAN that saw me for more than "just an entertaining piece of ass" and invested all of his energy and caring to help me become who I am today... because of this he has my undying devotion.
That's deep!
:)

That IS deep.

I met my hubby at the gym while I was training a client. We've been together for 7 years and married for 4 years. Now, I know this is just the begining of our relationship, but we just work so well together. We don't fight about money or our relationship we mostly fight about his 10 year old ADD son. Believe me, if you experienced half of the crap we endured during his divorce from his herioin addict ex-wife, you would just know that we work. We work well. I thought I was in love before we got married but that was a lie. I love him now and didn't realize what love was until about a year ago. It just hit me all at once. Trust, loyalty, kindness, and compromise. That's was it is all about.

I can say that my previous relationships that I was not the fool in love. I watched my mother, a very intelligent woman, endure the dreaded battered wife bit with my father. They divorced when I was 10. Even at that young age I swore that I would never let a man treat me that way. I've alway kept my guard up and it was my way or the highway and still is. I married my husband as a long-term companion and not for love. Love comes later in your relationship. At least that is how I feel.

I believe that yes, while we may be foolish for being in love..
imagine how empty your life would be if you never took a chance on being foolish...
*Its better to have loved & lost than never to have loved at all*

We are all fools when it comes to our hearts, thats is what gives even the toughest hardest person, a naturally delicate nature.
Believe it or not, men are not all players & dogs..they have also been fooled, by women! It does go both ways.
Unfortunately, because women get so emotional & ( most) have a loving nature, we sometimes give too much of ourselves too the wrong men.

while passion can make a one night stand memorable, compatibility & a true sense of self, can make a lasting realtionship.

Ive seen so many times, strong women hook up & fall deeply in love, & lose themselves in the process. They become part of a "we" without the understanding that there's no WE without ME. Stay true to yourself & your beliefs. :)

tbuzzell said:
I married my husband as a long-term companion and not for love. Love comes later in your relationship. At least that is how I feel.

May I ask how old you are? Generally this isn't a revelation that comes to us in our youth.

Or maybe I was just a slow study?! :lmao:

Top Bottom