Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Too much glutamine???

tzan

I usually take in about 36 grams of glutamine a day. I was reading somewhere that more than 15grams is a waste. I don't take glutamine by itself, it's in my protein mix. I use Optimum Protein that has 4 grams of glutamic acid/glutamine and 22 grams of protein per serving. I usually drink about 9 servings a day, hence the 36 grams. That isn't too much is it. I higly reccomend this stuff, it also has a boat load of amino acids in it as well. Arginine, Lysine, Phenylalanine, etc......

I would say that you're wasting a lot of glutamine. From what I've read, the average amount that can be absorbed at once is somewhere in the neighborhood of 5g. So, unless you're taking it 7 times a day, that amount would definitely waste some. But, it's cheap shit to buy, so if you can tell a difference between 15g and 35g, then go for it.

as long as you're not taking it on one shot, then go for it. It can hurt. In hospitals they give up to 200 g ED so imagine....

In hospitals it is given IV so there is really no absorption problem. If that much is what it takes for you why quit. In the muscle-mages there has been a lot of controversy whether your intestines can really absorb that much or if it even leaves them- the small intestines use a lot of glutamine. Of course, glutamine peptides are absorbed alot easier and I have not seen any articles about too much not getting absorbed.

Yea, I should have been more specific, I split up the dosages to three times a day. So I'm taking in 12 grams per shake.

Top Bottom