Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my beginning diet:)

Stubby

OK, after much thought over what I like and dont like ive decided upon the following:

6:30 - PROMAX protein shake (+1 tea spoon of creating while loading)

8:45 - Fruit and Fibre + 200 ml glass of milk (300ml total) Semi-skimmed

11:30 - Protein Bar (p:27g c:36.65 f:5.1)

13:30 - Baked potatoe with little butter + mixed salad + 400ml water + the creatine...

16:00 - Nut bar like a frusli bar or tracker + PROMAX protein shake.

19:30 - Chicken with mixed salad... small qty of salad cream... + glass of milk or water.

21:00 - Protein shake + 1 teaspoon creatine (again while loading)

OK, thats the basics of the diet... today is my first day :) so any ideas would be good...

My excersise routing will be:

all for 60 mins each...

Mon: Upper Body
Tue: Cardio
Wed: Lower Body
Thur: Cardio
Fri: Upper Body
Sat: Cardio
Sun: Lower Body

Any advice will be appreciated... cheers

I think you need more REAL food in your diet!! More MEAT!! You should try to eat as much food as possible, shakes and bars are just for snacks and added protein sources. They should not be your main protein source! Add more chicken breasts to your diet, some lean red meat, fish, ground turkey, tuna and eggs. You could also add some cottage cheese, veggies, yams, rice and oatmeal. Are you cutting or bulking? Your exercise routine was kind of vague so I am not sure how to help you there. Make sure you are working out with intensity and lifting some good weight. I hope that helps!

I need to loose fat and want to gain muscle but ive been told to bulk up first and then cut...

What are YAMS??? Never heard of these...

I hate Tuna so i would not go with that bt chicken I like and steaks etc... . So what benefit has REAL food over protein shakes etc??? I thought the shakes and bars are better??? Oh, well, I am only a beginner at all this :) better get down the shops and get me some chicken and steak then methinks :)

thanks m8, any other advice will be great.. ta

You should be taking off at least one full day a week to rest your CNS (nervous system). My advice is to use a three-day split M-upper, W-lower, F-upper, with cardio on T, Th, and Sa in the morning before breakfast.

If you're looking to "bulk," cut down the cardio. It's just going to burn extra calories.

It's just my opinion but... as a 'beginner' you shouldn't be worrying about cutting and bulking. Learn to eat clean (forget the protein powders and bars) and proper lifting technique. Once you can lift properly (w/o injuring yourself or quitting) and eat clean for three months, you'll be more prepared to become more specific about your diet and workout regimen. If you just into something too complex too early, you'll burn out and quit. Just my thoughts.

------------------
My $.02

I am not a total beginner... I started training 3 years ago but stopped after a year when I broke my leg. I did not return until last week :) <being lazy> I still have the muscle (or at least some of it) from when I used to train but have the extra fat layer (quite a lot actually :( ). So I can lift well and know my limits.

Its just that Ive read so much in here and in the past in books etc about protein and how we should all eat a shit load of it every day I decided upon the powder and bars (which taste crap ughh).

What about the creatine, I assume its ok to go with that? What do you guys think about creatine... is it as good as im led to believe or is it all hype.

Cheers

As far as protein intake goes, unless you're juicing, eating more than 1g/lb is a waste. More is not better.

Creatine is great. It gives me a 10-15% boost in strength (and 5 lbs of water) after loading if I've been off for a while. Of course, you'll lose this adding strength when you stop supplementing; but in the mean time, that extra poundage will help you add more muscle and have better workouts. I recommend loading 4 x 5g/day for four days, then 5g/day for maintenance. fyi, buy 1000g online, AST is a good brand. Make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day when using creatine or you'll cramp up.

------------------
My $.02

JB3, I'm down to about 6-8% bf, so will starting creatine make me smooth and cause you to lose the definition I've obtained? I know it adds water but does it go to muscles, or underneath the skin, or both?

Nathan,

Creatine will only shuttle water into your muscles, adding volume and roundness. It may reduce vascularity, but it will not bloat. I'm a natural 9% BF and have never used diuretics, so I guess you could say I look "smooth." The only way to look totally cut is to use gear or some form of diuretic... unless you're 5% BF. If you can obtain 5% BF naturally, thank your parents.

Right, Ive dicided to take ur advice news and stop the excessive protein shakes and bars thing. I'm now concertrating on cutting the fat out so am going from semi skim to skimmed milk etc and drinking water as opposed to coffee and stuff like that (no cola either or sweets).

Eating a lot of fruit as snacks in between meals when I get hungry (strawberries mostly) and my main meals are:

HAM and Chicken Salad (no dressing)
Chicken Breast and pasta with low fat sauce
Eggs on toast (scrambled or poached)
Steak (oven) potatoes and veg

Im quite partial to the odd ham salad sandwich in between to if I feel I need it.

Im still using the creatine and ive finished my loading phase now and ill take one protein shake.... when is it best to take this... pre or post workout... (not immedatly before or after I know) but which is best 1hr before or 1hr after???

Thanks for all your help guys... clean diet for me from now on.

thanks again.

hi
i am just gettin into bodybuilding, but have only one working kidney so therefore take medication to control the problem i also take medication for high blood pressure due to the kidney problems (including beta blockers), i am interested in taking supplments what kind of supplements should i take that will not harm my internal organs?

Top Bottom