Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about physique contests

gorillahung

My goal is to enter a local level physique contest. I've seen pictures of last year's competitors in my age group (over 40) and I already have as much or more muscle mass than they do. Keep in mind, I don't give a damn if I actually win anything. I just want to have something to train for and to be able to step on the stage and look like I belong. My concern is that I had a surgical procedure many years ago that left my pecs looking a bit deformed. It's not bad when relaxed but when I do a front lat spread or most muscular, it kind of looks like I don't have a lower pec on one side. There's not a damned thing I can do about it unless I come up with a "spare" $10,000 for cosmetic surgery. Do defects that you can't change by training hurt you bad in these contests? I'm guessing they probably do. On a most muscular pose I can sort of hold my arms so they block the view of my lower chest but a front lat spread shows it bad.

defects won't be judged during contest , muscle size and definition what is important . if you can pose in a way that you show it then you don't have any problem.

what I recommend you is to record yourself in a video and see how is it . you can show the video to an expert and ask for opinion too

wish you good luck

Theoretically they don't judge structural defects but subconsciously, judges will take it into account.

Look at bikini competitors. They aren't supposed to judge breast size but look at all the bikini girls who turn pro, they all have breast implants.

If you are doing a physique competition however, you don't do any most muscular or muscle shots. You just do your front, back and side shots.

My advice to you would be to hire a good coach to help you with your presentation. You can easily hide structural deformities with good posing and stage presentation.

It's hard to explain in words. I could explain it better over Skype but physique competitions are very subjective. One physique isn't necessarily better then the other, they are just different. You need to walk on stage and OWN the stage. You need to have that stage presentation that all the judges eyes are drawn to you.

It's kind of like that one girl in high school who's everyone's eyes were drawn to as she walked down the hall way. You need to have that 'it factor'.

It all depends on how you manage to show it.

If by hitting a pose its very visible, then its going to be an issue

bud why let it bother you? just go out there and have fun. like you said it is just a trophy.

do your best

Good advice! I used to enter powerliftiing meets and frequently won but I never went in trying to "beat" another person. There was one contest where I went in with the goal of setting a Jr. Division state squat record in the 165 lb. wt. class. I got that record by 2.5 kilos. It was around a 485 lb. squat and I only weighed in at 160. I was also a steroid virgin at the time. The Junior Division was for lifters under age 23 I think.

Obviously, one way or another their opinions and judgement will be affected by this defect, but you can make the best of it by choosing the optimal ways of showing your poses without showing off this defect. A good personal trainer, who knows how you should look like on stage should be able to help you out with this task.

you will be fine

please get a posing and prep coach i am speaking from experience here. the first time get a coach so you know what you doing with posing/side turns, dieting etc.

If you are not worried about winning then I wouldn't think twice about it. These contests are so full of politics anyways that the best physique does not always win anyways. Just do the best you can and I guarantee you will feel fantastic for reaching your goal.

Top Bottom