Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If the training, and juice amount worked in the 70s, whats so wrong with it now?

c3bodybuilding

This has been troubling me for a couple of days now. All those guys trained like animals back in the late 60's and 70's. Each body part twice, sometimes three times a week. And they grew too! They were all big guys. And the juice, they weren't juiced up as the guys these days. I know we know no facts, only what we read, and watch in videos like Pumping Iron. I was just wondering, when did it all change? Now it's you have to take every drug under the sun, you need to train each part only once, etc....

Does anyone else train like the old guys? Each part twice a week, or more? I was thinking of giving it a try. Training each part twice. One heavy day, and one lighter. Or would this be a huge mistake? Any opinions?

they took a lot of juice in the old days too...what ever they could get they would use in high amounts..like d-bol 100-200mgs/day...and there are people that still train hard look at Ronnie Coleman he trains everything 2 times a week...only one rest day most of the times.....also Dorian Yates trained hard too...many do still

yeah where are you guys getting all this info that in the 70's they didnt take a lot of gear. nobody knows what they took....bottom line.

also everyone likes to train different some like to train everything 2-3 times a week some do it once....and remember this too if someone is training everything 2-3 times a week...it can take a lot of juice for them not to overtrain...even if they training everything once a week with high sets like 15+ its still high juice thats not letting them get overtrained easily

LOL Jc21 is right....i dont get it when most people say they juiced "easy" back in the days like 30-50mgs of d-bol was max amount for them...lol yea right...yes they pushed over 100mgs of d-bol a day just like know days

C3, you are probably talking about the 180# "juicers" of today who HAVE to make their cycles consist of every anabolic compound known to man, like they can't grow off Test, Deca &
Dbol like the old-timers.

as far as bodybuilding.. everything changed with lee haney

as far as dosages.. dont fool yourself.. while test dosages were probably not as high (also using pharm grade test .. which is well dosed usualy +10%)

they did crazy stacks too and.. they were not all that big.. arnold competed at around 230 and he is over 6ft

Depends on the body type

Don't forget that every body type reacts differently to training regimines. If you are an ectomorph good luck trying to train body parts twice a week. Mezomorphs tend to heal and gain muscle quicker, it seems to me that in the " Old days " body builders we're mostly mezomorphs to begin with. Most people who tried body building early and weren't mezo probably gave up after a lack of success. Now that a large muscular physique and the popularity of body building has increased everyone wants to attain the ideal mezomorphic type physique. People are willing to try anything and so much has been learned about how individuals react it has erased earlier barriers. I'm an ectomorph and I always trained high reps, lower wieght 6 days a week and couldn't gain shit. Now I've just finished week 8 of my first cycle training twice a week, low heavy no cardio and have gained 26 lbs. I will never go back to the old way I use to train.

re

I agree with charvelle.

I mean whats with all these folks, recreational users, having to use 3 or more anabolics in one cycle? Pick one or maybe 2 and EAT RIGHT AND TRAIN HARD! The dam drugs just amplify what you are doing, no need to depend on them.

If you can't grow off a test cycle with something to control the bloat you need to take up checkers. But no, I see guys 180 lbs and 6 ' having to run deca,test,winny,dbol.

The old school pros didn't have all the "urban legends" of today. Alot of this BS is from the bodybuilding magazines. They got to keep writing shit just to fill the pages between all the ads. They would train their bodyparts 2-3 times a week but would eat like horses. No only 30 grams of protein a meal. No training only once a week cause you are taking enough gear to add a signifigant amount of muscle without even touching a weight.

Maybe training 1 time a weak works for todays pros who are way,way,way over their genetic limit(way more strain on the body), but I think yesterdays pros had it right in regards to training for most of us. Eat right and you can hit a bodypart 2 times a week and grow. If you are not look to your diet and second to not enough sleep.

Just my honest opinion. 2 on 2 off or 3 on 1 off is still the best way to get to a decent size(yesterdays pros), after that you cut back and you will still grow(to the size of todays pros). Its just simple to get that 19-20 inch arm to 22 inches is going to take more rest than getting it from 16 to 18. That 19-20 inch arm puts alot more drain on recuperation than does a 16-17 inch arm.

Of course you have exceptions. Some will gain better once a week, some can gain 3 times a week, but most of us, until we get to big, 2 times a week is good.

Top Bottom