Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Short1 - Bodybuilding Competition Log

the-short-one said:
ok. I'm heading to the gym to practice my posing. Jeff's taking his camera - so I will post pics of all my mandatories so you can help me out. I feel like :nerd: .

This was Sassy's idea, btw. She's so damn smart. :heart:

...also. I bought a girly hair piece - pony tail. Jeff agrees that it definitely makes me look girly (lol) so I'm going to practice with it on today. It's long, tho. If all the hair flipping starts to piss me off, I'm going to shorten it up so it's above my shoulders.

the-short-one said:
...also. I bought a girly hair piece - pony tail. Jeff agrees that it definitely makes me look girly (lol) so I'm going to practice with it on today. It's long, tho. If all the hair flipping starts to piss me off, I'm going to shorten it up so it's above my shoulders.

Personally I'd really suggest avoiding the whole long hair thing for show day. Its annoying at best & if it gets in the way of your posing & you forget, people notice. I did my first show w/ a ponytail coming out of the top of my head but it was still above my shoulders. You could experimenting w/ putting it up too. I just wouldn't get involved w/ the flipping the hair thing. There are enough figure girls who fuck that up and dont' even have to do all the poses. Unless you are 1000% comfortable w/ your posing and THEN can add the hair thing, then go for it, otherwise if it gets left hanging over your back or something, everyone who has half a clue will notice.

JMO .. :)

Sassy69 said:
Personally I'd really suggest avoiding the whole long hair thing for show day. Its annoying at best & if it gets in the way of your posing & you forget, people notice. I did my first show w/ a ponytail coming out of the top of my head but it was still above my shoulders. You could experimenting w/ putting it up too. I just wouldn't get involved w/ the flipping the hair thing. There are enough figure girls who fuck that up and dont' even have to do all the poses. Unless you are 1000% comfortable w/ your posing and THEN can add the hair thing, then go for it, otherwise if it gets left hanging over your back or something, everyone who has half a clue will notice.

JMO .. :)

yeah. I think I'm going to wear it - it adds a lot of volume to my hair, but I'm gogin to cut it off so it's above my shoulders. no frickin flippin.

ok. ignore the hair. at comp time, it will be above my shoulders.

I feel like a giant :nerd: still. I know I'm not getting some of these. Posing is hard, dammit. I don't have pics of my back lat - sorry. for some reason, they turned out fuzzy and black. Next weekend, I'll do this all over again and make sure to get them.

the ab-leg pose. blucky. someone help me out with that, please.

took a couple diff pictures of each one - I'm not sure what I should be doing with my legs in some of these. the guy from the gym wants me to stick one out to the side, but I feel more balanced with them underneath me. ??? does that make sense? duh. :nerd:

front-double-bi-2.jpg

front-double-bi.jpg

side-chest-1.jpg

didnt' mean to cut my head off here. lolo sorry. an EF habit.

side-chest-2.jpg

tri.jpg

tri-2.jpg

front-lat.jpg

abs-leg.jpg

some funny looks on my face, I know. I'm more worried about form right now than I am smiling. I can work on that when I get these damn poses down. uhg.

also - Sassy - I brought my shoulders forward (away from audience) for the back double bicep - it's much better.

also - having problems with front lat spread. I don't know what it is, either

1. I have no lats
2. I can't spread them out properly.
3 . both. lolol

Posing looks good :)

On the side tri - put your legs the same way as you do w/ the side chest - dont' lock out your back leg. Also make sure you do the whole 'roll' thing w/ the tri pose - roll your shoulder forward to back - remember that on stage you need to show the WHOLE row of judges and WHOLE audience so show 'em everything. Also gives you a totally cool chance to show off the shoulder striations that pop at various angles.

Lat spreads are a bitch. I have to start by sticking my arms behind my back and sticking my thumbs all the way to my spine. Then roll shoulders back / chest up like a cable row and pull out from the widest point in your back - I used to try to pull my shoulders up to get the flare out, but if you can visualize the lats, like right under your shoulders flaring out. Another way you might feel it more is if you visualize like how the ridiculously hyuge BB guys do those step-wise flare outs - like roll it out in steps where it keeps getting bigger & bigger? Hard to describe....

Abs & thighs - these are great for showing off a whole bunch of different angles - make sure you do a lock out on your legs - that's the best time you get to show off a nice quadsweep and any striations that may show up... ;)

Top Bottom