Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shake Thread

highoctane

Ladies, seeing as Jen is my hero and posted about the Bullet, and seeing as I went out and bought one and I think it's smashing, I think it's time we start a shake thread. Right now mine consist of the following:

1 Scoop Whey
10g Glutamine (or 5g, or none at all depending on the time of day)
1/2 cup frozen fruit
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup orange juice

One of my biggest questions is on Orange juice. I'd like to try and avoid it but I find the shakes are horrible without it. What's the best brand which stays closest to our eating goals if that makes sense? IE. What is the cleanest brand of OJ you can buy or does such a thing exist?

I find with the Bullet I can mix up 3 shakes in no time and save them for different parts of the day. Which, as we all know, saves time...and when you're busy it's a god send.

My shakes are:

2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition whey protein
2 raw egg whites
8 oz. fat free milk

I guess the cleanest would be to squeeze it yourself. Nothign added then.

needtogetas said:
so you all know I got about 300 deferent shakes in this thread here.along with lots of healthy recipes and there is much much more to come in this thread....also there is about 30 deferent protein pancake recipes its a work in progress check it out..

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518119

It's been a while since I've looked at your thread...obviously you've been busy. Those recipes are great, so thanks for the update, and the thread. With that being said I am somewhat looking for the ladies who post here regularily to share what they use as well. So ladies, enjoy needto's post, but feel free to share what you use as well.

Today I had:

2 scoops Vanilla PP + ice & water
1/4 cup frozen cherries

highoctane said:
It's been a while since I've looked at your thread...obviously you've been busy. Those recipes are great, so thanks for the update, and the thread. With that being said I am somewhat looking for the ladies who post here regularily to share what they use as well. So ladies, enjoy needto's post, but feel free to share what you use as well.
:worried: sorry.

Why not try real fruit or frozen fruit instead of the juice? Then you get the fiber of the fruit too.

Try frozen strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. Plus, the frozen fruit will give it more of a "smoothie" like consistency. :)

Daisy_Girl said:
Why not try real fruit or frozen fruit instead of the juice? Then you get the fiber of the fruit too.

Try frozen strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. Plus, the frozen fruit will give it more of a "smoothie" like consistency. :)

Yeah I have 2 huge bags of frozen fruit that I use. I suppose I will just kill the OJ all together. I just ran out too, so it's perfect. Thanks for the note Daisy! ;)

Top Bottom