Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for the other women-Dealing with rude and nosey people at your gym

The dumb thing is that you can't say something quick or shocking to just shut people up without being rude or you can try to engage them in an educational moment but its just a pain in the rear because people can't absorb "the truth about nutrition & training" quickly and go sliding directly into every friggen myth about "low fat", "low carb", atkins diet , etc etc etc.

I have a nice comeback right now when people ask me things in the gym .."Talk to my trainer." Or I tell them '23 yrs of lifting and a lot of chicken' and they just sort of stare. Then when I tell them what I pay the trainer, they just drop it. :)

After dropping 40lbs in 5 months...I can't begin to tell you the number of questions I'm getting at the gym. "What are you on? "How much more are you going to lose?" "Will you train me?" "What's your diet like?" "Why are you doing this?" "You're in the gym HOW many times a day?" "Are you going to give yourself a break?"

I just give people the grin, smile, nod, grunting shrug then get back to lifting. I suppose it would be unrealistic for me NOT to expect people to approach me after seeing the results. Especially the "regulars". These people see me in the morning and night 5-6 days a week. Besides, that's what I did here on EF to begin with. Sought out those I saw results with and began picking their brains to pieces. So, i try and go easy on the unknowing. lol I just look at my watch and and say "You've got 2 minutes "GO!". ;)

Although, when the dumb trainers come up to me and say "hey you gonna let me train you?? i need a client"...i've been known to tell them to go sit on their thumb and rotate. :whatever:

I know I've made significant changes with my bod so in a way it makes me feel good when people ask questions. (they need to start making dang appointments though otherwise, i'm gonna have to find a new gym) heh

LOL @ jenz "you writing a book?" (note to self) :lmao:

Sassy69 said:
The dumb thing is that you can't say something quick or shocking to just shut people up without being rude or you can try to engage them in an educational moment but its just a pain in the rear because people can't absorb "the truth about nutrition & training" quickly and go sliding directly into every friggen myth about "low fat", "low carb", atkins diet , etc etc etc.

I have a nice comeback right now when people ask me things in the gym .."Talk to my trainer." Or I tell them '23 yrs of lifting and a lot of chicken' and they just sort of stare. Then when I tell them what I pay the trainer, they just drop it. :)

Alot of people get it but are just to lazy to make the changes needed to see a difference. They want the change but won't put in the hard work to get it so therefore they pick at those that do. :rolleyes:

habitualhealth said:
After dropping 40lbs in 5 months...I can't begin to tell you the number of questions I'm getting at the gym. "What are you on? "How much more are you going to lose?" "Will you train me?" "What's your diet like?" "Why are you doing this?" "You're in the gym HOW many times a day?" "Are you going to give yourself a break?"

Yeah, I hear "Are you in here every day"?,"What are you eating"? And, Oh yes! "How much more weight do you wanna lose"? I am so close to telling them to shut up and mind thier own business and get a damn life LMAO See, In my gym, there are so many who will work out but then go home and eat all this junkfood or just the wrong foods in general and wonder why they are not seeing results...

I think it's like that in most gyms. I've seen the same old people in my gym, day after day, for the past 3 years. I've made HUGE changes, and most of them look exactly the same. They do the same thing, eat the same things (mostly junk I'm sure), and nothing ever changes. Oh well...

When the ladies ask at my gym "How much weight have you lost" I always say I don't own a scale or none, just BF......they look at me,puzzled.

sdupdike said:
I think it's like that in most gyms. I've seen the same old people in my gym, day after day, for the past 3 years. I've made HUGE changes, and most of them look exactly the same. They do the same thing, eat the same things (mostly junk I'm sure), and nothing ever changes. Oh well...

Most people want a simple solution that will not include any major changes or shifts in their daily lives. Well the newsflash is ready for this TO SEE A CHANGE YOU MUST MAKE A CHANGE!!!! That's sooooo simple!!!!! LOL

littlemully said:
Yeah I do have to admit that it is annoying when girls (I go to my college gym) ask what I eat and what my diet is like and I tell them and they are like "ewww, eggs and tuna,etc. thats gross." Then they wonder why they don't lose thier pudge after an hour leisure cardio watching MTV.

Thats my rant! GRRRRR.

Little

They're probably not losing the pudge cause they are most likely eating whatever they want still. Chips,candy bars,pizzas etc. Like the people at my gym who are the same way. I've always said that you can't just do excersize to drop the weight unless you follow a clean, sensible eating plan with it. They have to go together. There's just no other way. At least I haven't seen it yet.

well i dont go to the gym every single day...... but i go 4 or 5 times a week , i do cardio and my husband just started teaching me how to do weights a little bit , i'm new at that so i'm pretty much learning , when i get to the gym i like doing cardio before anything cause if i do anything else then i feel so tired to do any cardio at all.... i like working out but what's really really hard for me its to eat right i had an eating disorder before and sometimes when i say ok i'm going to start eating only the right things i feel kind of if i would be getting freaking strict with myself again and like if i would be depriving myself from enjoying the foods i like just like i used to do all the time then i was an anorexic .....
sometimes it gets confusing this whole thing, i dont know if its that i'm not completely over it and that i'm scared of falling into not eating again. :worried:
it definetely helps me to read what u guys post .

My 2 favorite moments for those chicks who always ask what I am doing to lose the weight and lean out at the gym is

1) when my trainer tells me, ok girl, time for a fillet and cheese cake (high day) and other girls around us hear it, they think I eat like that all the time.

2) when I am getting ready for a show and stop doing cardio...people ask me how much cardio I do a day to be so lean and I reply: none :p

Top Bottom