Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Obese Client Help

I can sort of identify with where she is at.
I was never that fat. I just hated doing certain things in the gym.
It was not until I decided that I was going to kick ass at the things I hated that achieved my goals.
Unfortunately, you have to reach that spot on your own.
Keep her going. 100lbs is a lot. Get creative. You will be able to motivate her!

Im feeling a little better. I wrote out a list of things I felt needed to change in order to progress, her goals, what she needed to do to get there and what I will do to help her achieve them. I contacted her and said I wanted to have a chat with her as I was unhappy about a few things. She freaked out a bit coz she thought I was going to stop taking her and she suddenly became more open to changes. I am meeeting with her to discuss a few things and hopfully we can make some progress. Thanks again for all your help and Il keep up posted

Quest4Perfection said:
Im feeling a little better. I wrote out a list of things I felt needed to change in order to progress, her goals, what she needed to do to get there and what I will do to help her achieve them. I contacted her and said I wanted to have a chat with her as I was unhappy about a few things. She freaked out a bit coz she thought I was going to stop taking her and she suddenly became more open to changes. I am meeeting with her to discuss a few things and hopfully we can make some progress. Thanks again for all your help and Il keep up posted
I was just about to say -- after all those GREAT suggestions -- that your last post about what makes you so angry about her... man, that is SPOT ON what you'll have to tell her!

I know my changing point came when I'd been waivering for 2 years and a friend introduced me to Ulter... and here he was, willing to help me for free, but he was a HARDASS on me.

Me -- being self-conscious, exhausted from work, tired of doing all this exercise/diet stuff -- I was terrified that he'd chuck me to the curb. He was like "You start tomorrow -- do you want this or not?"

NO chubby chick -- 185 or 300 lbs or just a little bitty overweight -- wants a muscle-fit person/man to show them up and prove them wrong!

It was all the fears I ever had coming to a head. I WAS afraid to lose more weight; I WAS afraid to get to goal. What IF people suddenly liked me more, wanted to date me, be friends with me, etc? But man alive, I was NOT going to let this man tell ME that I'm lazy or a quitter or not worth his time.

So I got feisty and I did it... and I HATED those 4:30am sessions... HATED IT. Dead of winter, snowing, shoveling my car out to get to the gym when I couldn't even BLINK, let alone wake up. But just like the other poster said -- doing what I hated is what got me to my goals in the end.

I commend you for helping this woman out and for taking the time to TALK with her. She needs to know your real feelings, but the others are right -- she's scared and you're her scapegoat. BUT she trusts you obviously... and it's time for you to take advantage of this "friendship" you have and sit her down and say "Look, this is how it has to be..."

Tough love is ... tough. But it works, for real. And if it doesn't -- she'll know in refelection (once she starts putting weight back on and/or not training with you anymore) that you DID do something wonderful for her. She's gotta learn either message the hard way.

Good luck. :) Great story! :rose:

Its so true - it is hard to keep up the whole fitness thing all the time. We ALL go thru phases of CAN DO & SICK OF IT. The one thing that I always realize is that I will NOT get to my goal if I don't go balls to the wall w/ it & make it my lifestyle. How bad do you want it? If you set up conditions under which you will or won't do what you have to do , you're guaranteeing failure. But I really think it does set the bar when you have some real expectations put on you that are done out of friendship & support but are rather like a mandate. Otherwise the agreement is squishy & it won't work. But there's pride in just sucking it up & meeting those challenges.

You're quite a dedicated friend & she will make you very proud I think!

The Shadow said:
how many cals total?

lol I could've SWORE it said "how many cats total"!!! Just got the picture in my mind of this huge woman with a bunch of cats running around jumping all over her trainer!!! Then the next post it said "2000", that made it worse!!! I busted out laughing!!!

Top Bottom