Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELP..new here

Fit mum

Hi ladies.

I am from Australia and 38yrs old. I have two boys..both young..2 1/2 and 1yr..so wanting to now hit the gym and get into shape. I have been looking at the 'feed the muscle, burn the fat' book..so aware diet is VERY important. One thing I found is the oats are very popular...and I HATE Oats..well the way I have tried them anyway. I find them very bland..anyone have any tips on how to make oats taste good? Or any easy breakfasts that don't have them in?

oh stats.. 5'5 65kg (about 140lbs I think) and at the moment about 33% BF..yuck.

thanks in advance :Chef:

sure..

breakfast

1/4 cup of milk skim
1/4 cup oats
1 packet of splenda
dash of spice
pinch of almond slivers
cook in microwave 2minutes 30 seconds
add a little honey (optional) 30 seconds more

eat..

The only thing that makes oats taste better is a ton of sugar and butter and that's not an option! Maybe put some fresh fruits in the oats? I avoid oats for that same reason. Here's my breakfast everymorning.

5 egg whites, 1 whole egg
1 slice bacon
1 slice toast

it is fairly easy to make, just get an egg seperator. Good luck to you and welcome!

msam76 said:
The only thing that makes oats taste better is a ton of sugar and butter and that's not an option! Maybe put some fresh fruits in the oats? I avoid oats for that same reason. Here's my breakfast everymorning.

5 egg whites, 1 whole egg
1 slice bacon
1 slice toast

it is fairly easy to make, just get an egg seperator. Good luck to you and welcome!
bacon bad

I personally like oats with dried cherries or cranberries (1-2 tblsp), cinnamon & 2 pkt splenda.......you can also add 1-2 tblsp SF applesauce or 1/4 of an apple chopped (same cinnamon & splenda) and 1 tblsp of chopped walnuts.....

Some people also like Cream of Wheat or Cream of Rice, but I can't stand the texture....

You also don't have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast either.....I've had mashed sweet potato + chicken for breakfast & it was good!!

Another very simple option is make protein pancakes out of them:

1/2 c oatmeal - make it w/ water like usual - I microwave it for 1 min 30 sec w/ just enough water to cover the oats - I can't stand runny oatmeal.

when cooked, mix in 1-1 1/2 scoops of a good quality protein mix (mine is VPX Zero carb or seomthing like that - low carb, low fat)
+ 2 splenda packets
+ 1 whole egg
+ 1 egg white

Mix it all up into a batter and throw it in a pan w/ some no-stick spray on it.

It will cook like one giant pancake but I use the spatula to break it in quarters to flip. Cookes pretty quickly, tastes very good.

So this covers both your protein and your carb requirements for your meal. YOu can also add in some cinnamon into the mix for some flavor or else put some no-sugar syrup or some low sugar jelly on it for some flavor.

:arty: Welcome to EF!

You'll love it here because the ladies are amazing!

I eat oats every morning with Splenda and cinnamon. Some days I switch out the cinnamon for apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice.

Occassionally I toss in some Vanilla protein powder and some soy milk for an extra creamy oatmeal. :chomp:

I don't like mixing eggs in my oatmeal. Yuk. Nasty.

Top Bottom