Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Worst day and best day at the same time...

joltman

A friend of my came by my gym today to spot me while I attempted a personal bench record.
I SUCKED! I have never benched this bad since I dont know when.

Then I moved on to legtraining, since it was my legday and I just had squiced in the benching because of my friends precense.
Well what happens... I warm up with 450lbs legpresses 10 easy reps. So what the fuck I slam on a couple of more 45lbs plates.
For a total of 16 plates=720lbs, now I manage to do 3*5!!!
Thats a PR, the most I managed before was 5reps@720lbs and then I almost fainted. Now I felt like a freak so I moved on with the rest of my routine and needless to say I rocked.

What the fuck is happening?!?
My upper body was as ready for training as the lower part.

I don't know, but I have stuff like that happen to me often. I'm rested, pumped, using weight that I've used before....THEN SUCK ASS!!! On a side note, if someone is watching me, I lose 15% of my strength right off the bat. "stop looking at me!!"

Nothing wrong with a "worst/best day"....

..as long as you have the best day in there.

;)

keep be top notch all the time, but you had a great day on legs. Sometimes when I have a bad day or too and think I am weak I pull some pr's and other days I am well rested I can't even get close to my best prs'

Lord_Suston said:
keep be top notch all the time, but you had a great day on legs. Sometimes when I have a bad day or too and think I am weak I pull some pr's and other days I am well rested I can't even get close to my best prs'

True my friend, but still... what happend with me?
Maybe I got so angry from the bad benching that my testlevels elevated?

Don't move you training days around, your body is used to a routine.

joltman said:

True my friend, but still... what happend with me?
Maybe I got so angry from the bad benching that my testlevels elevated?

This is JMO, but Id say the leg press is more of an exercise of mental toughness. Stability and balance arent really factors. Its seems with the bench so much can go wrong. Especially if you dont get in the right groove, or have the right attitude. Also chest is a much smaller muscle, and for some reason I dont understand , My strength constantly varies on bench as well. But dont get discouraged, the same way your strength seems to decrease on certain days, it can jump up on certain days as well and surprise you with a PR. :D

Top Bottom