Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training each body part twice a week instead of once?

Little Rage

I've been noticing that a lot of people train each body part once a week, with arms as an exception most of the time. I realize that your muscles recover at different rates, Biceps being the quickest, and Lower back recover the slowest. But even with a heavy workout ur lower back muscles take about 100hrs to completely recuperate from a heavy workout. So why not train each body part twice a week instead of once a week. So if you train each body part twice a week about the same time everyday, that leaves about 72 hrs before you train a muscle again, which in that rest time should be more than sufficient. Also trained muscles recover from fatigue faster than untrained muscles. So with even a more intense training program you should have a faster recovery rate.

I train everything twice per week. Anything less is inadequate stimulation and I regress before the next workout thus my strength never goes up nor does my size. But twice per week provides frequent enough stimulation that I am able to progress instead of stand still. I don't do typical high volume work however. I do four sets per body part at each workout. Anything more would lead to overtraining for myself. Frequent, short, intense training sesions work best for me. I used to do a once a week split but never got any where. I then switched to twice a week, but I kept a high volume. I made some gains, but soon became overtrained. Then I cut down on the volume and my progress took off. It's very individual and everyone has to experiment with different training protocols to see what works for them.

I work out each body part twice a week.

I think it's a matter of personal bio-responses. If you respond well to more frequent work-outs or not is not something that could be cannonized (although Weider and friends would like you to believe it is).

I think this question is plagerism b/c it is word for word from arnolds book. You souldn't try to pawn intellect off as your own.

Tend to disagree. The reason is I went up 70lbs on my bench without gear in two weeks. And that was working it once a week. More is not better, your body needs time to build. When you do work out once a week it should be total destruction of that body part. If you are on, Then maybe twice a week. saint7

LOL, why would someone post something from Arnold??

I wouldn't call him an intellectual by any stretch of the imagination.

I've read his Enclyclopedia and found it to be nothing more than Weiders principals re-packaged.

Can you twice a weekers post your body part splits please?...i been doin each part once a week and im ready to switch to twice a week to see if i can get past some plateaus.

sicklydiesle, go to www.biggerfasterstronger.com and get there work out journel and I am certain you will blast through time and time again. Both in poundage lifted and size. I believe it is the best program on earth. I modified it for myself in that instead of working the body part twice a week, I limit it to one. The reason is to do other lifts you are using other body parts. IE bi's, tri's, ect. So what I did is when I work the body part I destroy it. saint7

Never more than once a week for me. It's an individual thing though. Find out what works best for you. Genetics, good smart training, supplements, enough rest, and of course anabolics all play there role as well.

For me twice a week would be way to much.....I recently went from 5 days/ wk to 4 witrh great results.....Those rest days are great!

Top Bottom