x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Rest Pause Sets incorporated into GVT

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Rest Pause Sets incorporated into GVT within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I've gained about 15 pounds in the last 8 weeks incorporating Rest Pause sets and GVT for each muscle group and I'm wondering has anyone else ever trained this way? For example: Back 2 warmup sets followed by BB Row (RP) Lat Pulldown GVT 10x10 60sec rest CG Cable Row 4x10 CG Pulldown 4x10 DB Pullover 4x15

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Rest Pause Sets incorporated into GVT

I've gained about 15 pounds in the last 8 weeks incorporating Rest Pause sets and GVT for each muscle group and I'm wondering has anyone else ever trained this way?

For example:
    Back
    2 warmup sets followed by
    BB Row (RP)
    Lat Pulldown GVT 10x10 60sec rest
    CG Cable Row 4x10
    CG Pulldown 4x10
    DB Pullover 4x15

I've seen improvements in every lift for a solid six weeks. I'm about to transition to Advanced GVT for the next six and then come back to this style. The RP sets keep going up each week as well as the amount I'm lifting in my 10x10's.
    I've been training for about 12 years so improving each week on all lifts is not something that has happened since my first 5 years or so. Is anyone else familiar with this type of lifting?

Re: Rest Pause Sets incorporated into GVT

Yes and I'm sure someones has. All that matters is you're progressing.

I've definitely seen quite a few people train like this, although it's not something I have tried yet.

i've trained every which way you can imagine, it never hurts to change it up. what i do know is that the #1 mistake guys on here make is they overtrain. i would rather you do 10 good sets and be done, then do 25 sets and be sloppy
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Rest pause training is not anything new. Dante Trudel made it widely known 2 decades ago with DC training, which is exactly how I trained for years. I had very good results with it. It's great if followed correctly. The way you are doing it will probably work ok since you are only doing it on the one big compound working set. You just dont want to abuse that tool. Or your body will let you know you did
    PM me for help with your cycle, PCT, and discounts from forum sponsors

Click here for the Best Supplements from N2BM

Couldn't agree more Rick. I did 12 weeks blasting and 2 weeks cruising in DC for a few years, it's some tough sh*t!
    I had attempted GVT in the past with minimal results and actually lost strength after a eight week cycle. Recovery isn't as big of an issue as many would have you believe if it's done correctly.
    I haven't personally seen or heard of anyone incorporating DC methodology into GVT like this but after trying it this way I can't help but think I found my new alternate periodization cycle in the off season.
    There's still alot to be tweaked so I was hoping someone had success with something similar. I've decided my next competition will be in 14 weeks though so I'll have to scrap other plans until after April 25th.
    Afterwards I plan to alternate this style with Advanced GVT, it should be interesting.

And Mike Menzter used RP 4 decades ago.

Quote Quote posted by ximor View Post
    Couldn't agree more Rick. I did 12 weeks blasting and 2 weeks cruising in DC for a few years, it's some tough sh*t!
    I had attempted GVT in the past with minimal results and actually lost strength after a eight week cycle. Recovery isn't as big of an issue as many would have you believe if it's done correctly.
    I haven't personally seen or heard of anyone incorporating DC methodology into GVT like this but after trying it this way I can't help but think I found my new alternate periodization cycle in the off season.
    There's still alot to be tweaked so I was hoping someone had success with something similar. I've decided my next competition will be in 14 weeks though so I'll have to scrap other plans until after April 25th.
    Afterwards I plan to alternate this style with Advanced GVT, it should be interesting.
    I have done things similar, and still do. I do t do DC exclusively anymore, but I do incorporate certain aspects of it into my volume training. I'll pick a big compound exercise that I'm not progressing on and throw in a rest pause set at the end of the movement. That can help push me through barriers when needed. It's not something I routinely do unless needed
    PM me for help with your cycle, PCT, and discounts from forum sponsors

Click here for the Best Supplements from N2BM